Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
What to do?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

What to do?

Tell me what to do I mean I know the right thing to do but kindda scared.. Now I have to go to the Dr tomorrow and theres no avoiding it because I need my blood pressure meds. I mean I no better to ask for the norcos but that lil demon in my brain is saying just fill em and leave em sit now I no for a fact that wont happen. I think Im gonna tell the hubby he gotta go with me..
GREAT idea to have hubby go with you.  I know that feeling, I too felt afraid to go alone fearing I couldn't trust myself.  So I brought my husband with me.  No way in hell I was going to get out of there with a script AND my husband.. lol

Oh and tell me how the heck did you find a Dr. willing to see you on a Saturday??  Sheesh I'm pretty sure my Dr. is on the golf course on Saturdays.... !!

lol the crazy thing is my Dr is only at the office on Sat at that clinic, theres other Drs there but shes only once a week....
I have a similar situation coming up on Tuesday.  Scares me a little, but I'm not going through this crap hell again....and that will be enough to keep me in line!  There's also no way I'm bringing my husband though either....that's just not happening!!!   Keep the memory of what you just went through Cathy...hold onto it!

ImDone....lol...at the golf course comment!!
Actually that's cool of her.  To be available on a day that's easier for most.  Good luck tomorrow - and stick to your plan andTAKE hubby with you.  :)
haha - OK bugga, now you know I'm going to be pestering you on Tuesday, right?  I totally understand if you don't want to take hubby, and honestly, I have a really good feeling about you.  I think you're truly committed to staying clean.  But as sara says all the time we gotta keep our "guard up"!  (sorry, cathy, for my quick interruption on your thread!)
Taking the hubby is a great idea!  Accountability....is crucial......if we aren't we will EVENTUALLY use again.  The relapse starts in the head....when we aren't willing to close EVERY possible door.....even if we leave it open just a teeny weeny crack......we haven't permanently slammed it. And believe me your (our) brain know it's still open and waiting.

My primary dr now knows all about my becoming addicted to pain pills as she treated me all thru the time I was bedridden w/the pain due to no insurance and needing back surgery.  But, after the back surgery, that dr prescribed the pain meds.  I still told her the WHOLE deal when I decided to get clean.  BUT.....after I was clean awhile, I began going to the dentist to take care of my "drug use damaged" teeth.  He just "happened" to have me fill out a new health update form and I have seen him for over 20 yrs and never have been asked to do this.
When I got to the "drug" and "addiction" history questions, I started shaking, and my heart rate soared and I started sweating big time arm pit sweat....and shook harder....my hand hovering over than damn box that I knew I needed to check......I finally checked it.  When he and I talked, I told him if I ever needed pain meds for ANYTHING, he was gonna have to prescribe the EXACT number of pills.  NO MORE.  We talked and he said with my "strong constitution" he knew I'd do great.  He supported me and as I drove home from the dental appt.....I was JAZZED with myself.  I DID IT!!
Revealing yet one more secret to yet one more person that "could" prescribe pain pills in my life felt amazing!!  I was so proud of me Hahaha!  I almost felt high LOL!
Doing the next right thing takes courage.......but then so do most things in
life that have the greatest rewards~  Let us know how tomorrow goes OK?
There will be a point in the future when you will go without support because your head will convince you you can. I had to tell my doc, pharmacy and dentist. I know my addict's brain and what it's capable of. If you really want to stay clean you need to do the same. I am red flagged as an addict now and wouldn't have it any other way. This is what my doctor told me when I admitted my addiction - I'll leave it with you ... " Very few can admit that they have a problem, and fewer still will ever do anything about it."
I have to tell you...you just scared me.  And now I'm sweating!
That's exactly how i felt...until about two seconds ago!
No, they're right, bugga.  Tell your Dr. how you're feeling about the meds and your addiction issues.  It will end up being a huge relief for you, you'll see.  Scary at first, but a good kind of scary.  Because you're doing something good for YOU.  AND your Dr. will respect you for it.  :)
I have to tell you, this is a brand new doctor and knows nothing about me.  It's not the dr that was prescribing the pills.  This could be very easy for me and will be a real test...but I feel the strongest I have EVER felt in my sleepless life..lol.
Awesome, that took some courage cuz I gotta say Im a lil chicken shi t to do that Im not gonna lie.... But it is a great was of staying clean....
lmao ur to much, you better take ur Dracula butt to bed tonight I perdict lots of sleep for u tonight:)
I have a Dr appt next Wednesday and I know if I ask for it he will give me the script for OxyContin, just hope I'm strong enough to walk out of there without it, I'll probably bring my brother with me, he knows I'm trying to quit and won't let me walk out of there with the script
Are you going to tell the new doc that you're an addict, or at least an abuser - have a problem with pain meds?
Good idea, I just told my husband while the thought was fresh in my head and I changed my mind, now that I told him theres no turning back... Glad I did...
Well honestly I didn't even think about it till this.  But I guess I'm going to have to just to be safe.  Especially since it's for Fibryomyalgia and I know they try to shove Tramadol down your throat.  Now I don't even want to go, but I really have to.
I don't think I'm strong enough yet to go by myself, I'm only 9 sleepless days in and fear I will break down and get it mainly to stop the insomnia.
You should definitely take your brother then....especially since you're already doubting yourself.
It's not so much doubt, just tired of being tired
Well I totally get the tired feeling....but honestly as much as it's making me crazy it's not enough to make me do something I'll regret.
I don't plan on asking for the script, just figured I'd bring my brother for support, the thought of going through detox and insomnia again is enough to prevent me from getting the script, I've beaten other drugs, cigs and alcohol I can beat pain meds