Whats good for HOT FLASHES?
I am coming off of methadone by titrating my dose 5mgs a week.  (I am down to 15mg now).  The last 2 months or so I have been having horrible HOT FLASHES that are really uncomfortable.  Any suggestions for making them a little more easier to endure?  Thanks, Jessica
i know how bad they suck i had them for 7 months every night and don't know how i endured them.  It happen when I changed from darvon to vicoden.  do you get them at night or all during the day??  I would ask your doc if he or she can put you on something called clonodine  some people swear it takes away the sweats.  I hope this helps.

Nauty.................
Thanks for your reply! My hot flashes last on and off most of the day and night.  It feels as if someone has lit off a blowtorch in my insides that reach all the way to the top of my head.  I have tried clonodine before and unfortunately for me it didnt do an ounce of good. It just made me feel like I was going to pass out every time I got up.  UGGHH!  I feel like nothing works on me anymore!  Sometimes it just all feels so hopeless, ya know?  
Clonidine helps with that
really LOL i have hot flashes from menopause i wonder if it would help me .....LOL
I have the worst hot flashes being on methadone- that is one of the main reason why i've decided to start detoxing slowly!! i have found nothing legal that works. Pot has always helped and I keep my A.C. on about 65- all day. I have to or i'll throw up or feel like i'm gonna faint. It almost reminds me of maybe a diabetic would feel if their blood sugar was low- just weak and sick. It's miserable- I can't even explain it in words., It's making it hard to care for my 5 yr. old!!! If anyone has any real solutions please let me know. MIne are kinda common sense!! low A.C.. But, I feel ya !! I want off the methadone- but I think i'd rather give birth again then to go through methadone with-drawls!!! -Rachael
everyone keeps telling me the lower i go the better it will get and im on 9mg and nothing its helped reverse weight gain but im wanting to rip my skin off i am so hot and summer is a death sentence. although, winter i still have the fan on 24/7.  I am in a dictator house which means 23degreed Celsius is my lot in life because im not allowed in the basement to sleep and im not allowed an air conditioner.  i get no sleep because of it and in turn am very b****y.  not to mention methadone causes a like sleep paralysis making my sleep almost futile.  PLEASE help with any info moving isnt an option in my financial state.