Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Whats good for Restless Leg??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Whats good for Restless Leg??

I'm like most people and I get restless leg so bad that it actually drives me nuts. I can handlle everyting else, but I'm just curious what everyone has taken that WORKS WELL? This is what hurts me the most! I have heard a lot on here about a thomas recipe and other vitamins and supplies you can take to feel better. I'm trying to go through these post and get a list of everything that works well for people and what are the best things to take for this withdrawl (withdrawal) period, but I thought maybe it would be just easier to post on here and let people tell me individually! Thanks so much and any advice would be greatly appreciated. After all you have been there and done this and what better people to get the info from right? thanks again
I thought at first I was alone in this and just going through some crazy sh.t. What I did for it was this time I knew I wanted to get clean so I actually planned ahead a little for this I told my doctor I had rls and he prescribed me Requip although it is like an antidepressant in the way of having to take it for two to three weeks to build up in your system and I took it the way he prescribed gradually going up to 2 m.g. aday and have been on it for 3.5 weeks now and on my 4th day of withdrawal and the rls is not so bad thank god. It drove me mad. It is tolerable now.
HOT BATHS....seem to be about the only thing that really works for me.
Heating pad to calves....

I read recently that if your hemoglobin is low...that may be asociated w/ rls..

I have had this for a long time...even before i started the vics...my hgb. was/is always low...so it might be true....i know opiates stop it...but that is no longer an option....
Some are helped by wrapping there legs with an ace bandage. also heating pads help. Eat lots of bananas and take magnesium and calcium. They all help muscles to relax.
Today seems like RLS day...lol....Ok not joking..I think i could handle every w/d symtom i had except RLS, which did not just effect my legs, if was arms too...Most terrible feeling...I took clonodine, and it helped sooo much....Also hot baths during the night...I actually would leave the water in the tub and just add more hot and jump right back in..i even put a small pillow in a trash bag so it wouldn't get wet, that was the only way the two worst nights that i could get any rest at all... i also wrapped heating pads around my calves and that also helped..
but if i had to say the number 1 thing that helped with that would be clonodine, then the baths...BUT that is just me..
good luck
and just know it gets better every night.
stay strong
r2r
I appreciate everyone input and I'm like Mikeinthesouth" I have time to actually plan my detox so I want to get every kink worked out before hand. I know nothing is a miracle drug and that every thing works different for everyone, but getting a consensus would help me out a lot and it has!
I've heard this clonodine form several people including road2recovery works very well . Will the dr prescribe this pretty easy? Has anyone else used this and found this to work very well for them?
r2r I have this mental picture of you running around and flapping your arms like a chicken with their head cut off. LMAO
it is for blood perasure and it was one of the frist things that my detox dr gave me it really does work to ease the w/d symptoms and I also got antidepressents to help with that stuff also but when nothing that was given to me is woring I do the hot bath/shower and that seems to always work for me jumb out and stright to bed. exercise durring the day is suppose to help also

chris
Tonic water is very good for leg cramps, it has quinine in itm which it what docs prescribe alot for leg cramps, it may take a few days fo drinking it, but it does work. Hope this helps
Airbaby
honestly what has worked for me in the past, was believe it or not was bananas...it's worth a try....
LMAO!!!  i swear to you even before i ever took pills , i always had RLS, of course not as bad as going through w/d's ...But alot for every pregnacy, my husband would rub my calves so many times..lol...
But i swear if at that time i had the energy to run like a chicken with my head cut off and knew it would help i would off...LOL
Thanks for making me laugh out loud....But really not funny...RLS sucked, and i did have it in my arms too...
r2r