Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
When will the withdrawl(withdrawal) symptoms End??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I've been on Suboxone for approx 10 months now and I've made the CHOICE to take myself off of the med, because of what I've read and seen on this website and others. I was orginally on 4, 8mg tablets a day and actually tappered off to only 1/2 of a tablet, which I believe is 4mg.  This is the worst thing I've experienced I believe, I was told that coming off of the suboxone would be ALOT easier than coming off the Lortab and OxyContin, BUT I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT COMING OFF THIS ***T IS ALOT WORSE.  I've not had a Suboxone in 9 days, 4 hours, 16 minutes and 42 seconds, YES THAT IS WHEN I MADE THE CHOICE TO STOP TAKING THEM. Can anyone please give me any advice for this hell I am in, This is tearing my partner apart that I am going through this, he's even suggested that I go BACK to the Doctor and get back on this medication, BUT I AM NOT GOING TO DO THAT, Because I want to be free of this.  Can Anyone please give me some suggestions

THANK YOU,
Jason(JohnDeereCountryGuy)
4mg is way too much to just stop without long and serious withdrawals. Sorry, but thats the truth. You probably should check out our SubDocs site - the SUBOXONETALKZONE  - there is some good info there on how and when to quit the sub. Most indicate that it is a multi month project to taper and stop without consequences.
Great information eagle .!!   I never know what to tell people when they want to know abt. the sub , so I hope others will read the information.

Best wishes to you Jason !  Take care of yourself.

Ella
9 days in..i would hate to say go back and taper...it is a bit too far along..and u will do this if u hang tight...if worse comes to worse and u cant hang...go back and taper to a crumb...but from what i have read..2 weeks is bout the length of the hard part of sub wd....longer than others but sposedly not as intense...and i do know many beg to differ....i do know u r very close...can u ask the dr for sumpin to help u thru this?//not narcotic of course