Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
When will this nightmare end?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

When will this nightmare end?

%$#@*&())_*&^%$ FFFFFFFFFFFFF this i been doing h for a year and a halfon and off.. started with one bag .. went up to about 3-4 and tapered back down to one. I been clean for 16 days .. went to the er.
detox .. im one trazadone, clonidine 2.5 patch, clonidine pill 0.1,
xanax .. i am dizzy, have no energy, black outs, seizures, anxiety, paranoia, just some crazy @$$ Shiet goin on in my mind.. i bed ridden.. when will this hell b over.. cant eat cant sleep.. i feel like an old lady trapped in a 27 year olds body.. what can I do to get better?
hey girlee....I know how you feel I just came off 150mg of methadone 106 days ago
you dident become an addict overnight and you wont recover overnight ether its a possess that takes time I still have sleep issues and anxiety but time and God have helped it a lot you will start feeling better as time goes by as for a time line its different for everyone but I started feeling a bit better at 30 days then 2mo was still better at 90 days things seam to start turning around and really seamed to start to change
look up the health pages on the right hand side of the screen theres alot of good info there on supplements and vitamins you can take that will help bring you around....
aftercare is a must weather it be a good drug conslor or going to N/A meetings
you need to be pro/active in your recovery..if it wasent for aftercare I would have crashed and burned along time ago from the same things your complaining about
so hook yourself up with some sort of aftercare and you will get well again
good luck to ya and God bless.....Gnarly    
Hot baths with salts like radoz as oftern as poss it will help with the ach's but as for the sleeplessness the only thing for that is try to watch tv or films it sounds daft but ur in so much pain u av to try and zone in on some thing good luck ur a braver person than I xx  
well i know what i say won't be much help...but i've given up many different addictions.......smoking...pills....lots of different stuff......and one thing that helps me when i quick something..lets say when i quit smoking.....well, i smoked for 10+ years and so the urge was terrible...it's all i could think about for months.......terrible.....but what i would think about when i twas at its worst was that it took 10+ years to get THIS addicted, so i'm not going to undo that overnight....and i was right. it's been 9 months now since i quit smoking and it's much much easier. i can't compare that to any drug......it is what it is.....just cigarettes...but still the principle will work the same...you don't develop the addiction overnight so it does take a long time to undo it...so reminding myself of this in the toughest times does sometimes give me enough to keep going...and if you keep going long enough, it all does get easier in one way or another.
Congrats on the 16 days.  We all know how tough it is to get there so you should be fiercely proud of yourself.

I am officially at 45 days and I can recall well being at 16.  My first 3 weeks were tough for both eating and sleeping, going stretches of days in a row being able to do neither.

Get some Gatorade at the very least but please know this........you are soooooo close to pulling up.  Hang in there.  The energy thing is tough, especially if unable to eat but it WILL come.

Give yourself a few more days and you will begin to see symptoms recede.

Goodluck and Godspeed, pulling for you.

bob
Thank u everyone for ur advice.. I will try the vitamins.. and fight this nasty urge sometimes to say eff all n go back.. this is the hardest thing I ever had to do my whole entire life. I just pray everyday gets better. =(