Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Where did my energy go?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Where did my energy go?

Day 11 of cold turkey from 4 years of Hydro use.  Felt great and had lots of energy day 6 to day 10.  Not today.  I know from this forum that these swings will happen.  So no big deal.  I don't remember how long the energy swings will last.?.?

Also, I post alot in the mornings because mornings were my favorate time to take the Hydro.  So I have decided to replace the hydro with sharing on this site.  Sorry about posting so much in the mornings.
Tags: energy
isnt it funny how our mind will make everything a withdrawal, not saying yours isnt, but its like every symptom we suffer could be cured instantly with pain meds, or for that matter anything that causes us suffering like death, disease, heartbreak or anything, our brain has been rewired to think these pills cure everything when all they do is make it worse, Congrats on day 11, your doing great and like lotlost said everyone has bad days, yes some may be due to withdrawals, but maybe you didnt get good sleep last night, just something to think about, GOOD LUCK!!!
Congrats on Day 11.  Not sure about how long the energy thing.  Mine never came back as early as yours did.  I was zapped from the start and it slowly came back after a couple of weeks, taking lot of vitamins, eating healthy and forcing myself to go for walks and do things.  You may just be having a bad day and that can happen.  Also, I found that I didn't ever feel great after I woke up but would start to feel better later on.  
Hope you feel better soon.
I'm on day 19 and I find my energy depends a lot on my diet. I've been drinking Boost 2 times a day and eating the best I can but I stopped taking the boost one day and I felt so lethargic.
If you have a fast metabolism you may be just starved for nutrients but it is a true that some days are just tiring and there doesn't seem to be a reason.
And don't worry what time you post. There seems To always be someone around here day and night :)
Everyone has bad days. Even none addicts. Ours just may suck a little more hah. I find that the best way to keep your energy up and to stay upbeat is to schedule everyday on what you want to accomplish and Also make sure to stick to it and make yourself stay busy. Anyway didn't we sit around enough abusing pills. Good luck. God
bless.
You hit the nail on the head.  We addicts do believe that our Rx of choise will cure everything.  Thanks for the insite!!!!!!!!!!
First off - congratulations on 11 days!  Every single clean day is a victory over the evil pills!  The energy comes and goes at this point I think.  I have 65 days and still don't feel like my energy is back.  But I guess since I spent so much of my time and energy before thinking about pills, when my next dose was, when my refill was due, HOW EMPTY MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS . . . . I'm not really sure what "normal" energy is!

Seriously, it does seem to come and go, and overall it IS slowly getting better every day.  I have gotten a lot of great advice from members here with months and months/years of clean time that say it just takes time . . . we'll get there!
I had no energy until a month after I got sober & it still wasnt where is should be.  By month two my energy totally came back.  Lack of energy and no sleep is usually what lasted the longest, at least for me.
Congrats for really hanging in there!!  Keep posting!!!  Hugs!!