Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Who Said Addicts Have No Brain Power????

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have been reading the posts on here and we are all saying we have trouble with our brain function,admittedly my brain is gone to lunch for most things but when it comes to addiction and brain function have you all noticed we are like walking encyclopedias,we can quote verse and chapter on neurotransmittors,GABA,receptors,synopsis,opiate receptors and the list goes on,most doctors don't know as much as we do!I guess if they did most of us would not be addicted!Any way I was just feeling very intelligent there for a minuet and thought I would share.I am now going back to my comfortable state of CRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hope everyone is doing well
snowflake
Tags: brain, addicts
Good morning snowflake, i am feeling like a genius this morning too, lol. I know what your saying, there is so much knowledge here, we are like walking encyclopedia`s. Fighting our additction has taught us so much, not just what we read and learn, but even changing our way of life. I think dr`s should learn more about addiction before handing out all these pills, putting someone on sub cause they take 10 vicodins a day and so on. Im not saying all dr`s, but some that i have read about on here, ya wonder how they got their liscence. oh **** brain cramp, ill stop here:)
I have found that a quarter teaspoon of Draino keeps the old brain open and the juices flowing........wait a minute - - that was when I was using.  Never mind!
LOL!!!  Needed a laugh this morning, thanks...I was just talking to a friend about my memory a few days ago, but yep when it comes to what snowflake said I agree...Also, one good thing is i know all 12 steps by heart in order!!!  does that count for anything?
LOL...
hugs to all
r2r
LOL  eagle!!  I, too, needed a laugh!
Hmmm, I was thinking about this, and I sure hope my brain power will help me as I start nursing school next week! I have been out of high school for 25 years, and when they asked me if I had taken algebra in high school , I said no.
WELL, when they got my transcripts from high school, they discovered I had taken 3 years of algebra!     Thats pretty bad I couldnt even remember that.
Wish me luck guys, I am gonna need it!

suzi
Cant remember what i was going to say!!!!!!!!!
OMG....hahahaha..
OMG eagle I thought I was the only one who did that,sara ..........never mind I forgotLOL!keep up the good fight guys
snowflake
UUuuhhhhhhhhhh  - - when you were feeling smart for the "minuet" - - - - was it during the prologue or during the actual dance that this feeling hit you?