Why did my DR. give me Opana to get off of Roxy's
OMG i have been trying to detox since tues. off of Roxycodone and last night i find out that the Opana 20ml twice a day is an Opiates , i was under the impression that it was a Morphine to help with the wd. do i have to start all over again today if i stop the Opana please no no , i still had the wd's really bad even with the Opana he wants me to take them till Mon. i havent taken them in 12 hours now im going to try not to today ohh God please not again i feel so much better today and at 4pm it will be 72hours with no Roxy's anyone that can talk to me here please im REALLY SCARED right now i cant do it all over again no no no no no no ..........

Please try and stay in one post. It is so hard to follow when you start a new one on the same subject you were talking about. The answers fly all over and you miss something that could be useful to you.

I am shocked that the doctor gave you the Oprana. It is a morphine derivative as Henry stated in his last post. So, he simply replaced one for the other. Although a lesser amount, it is still an opiate in your system and is essentially tricking you.

He is putting you on Suboxone on Monday? Did he tell you that and tell you how to prepare for that the day before? Let us know.
I am sorry to say morphine is an opiate just like oxy. Ypour doc was maybe thinking of tapering you off. Talk to him/her and ask what the intentions are.
Opana is oxymorphone and it is a strong opiate.  It is a long half life drug and if u do not abuse it, it may help u.  Roxy is a short acting drug which trains ur brain to crave it every 4-6 hours due to the endorphin release produced when u take drugs like narcoticis.  there is an article in the health pages on dopamine and narcotics.
I have never heard of using opana to stop drugs cos it is a strong narc and i would be careful.,,again, do not abuse the opana or u will have a tougher problem than u had in the first place.