Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Will Withdrawal come back if I slip up? Help Curious!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Im am 3 months clean of my drug of choice Percocet/ Oxycodone. However during that three months I was attending a methadone / suboxone clinic. I was on methadone three months taperd off to get on suboxone. Was on Suboxone 8 mg one week and quit cold turkey. Now here I am day 9 clean. Still have no energy and Cant sleep. Will it restart bad withdrawal if I slip up with percocets just once??? I know its stupid to ask but while I was on done and subs tried pills they Didnt work. So I wanna see if they will now.
So I wanna see if they will now. .

Then you're not committed to getting and staying clean.  Your life and health isn't an experiment.  Yes, you could have w/ds...but that isn't the worsdt part..the woprst part will be the relapse.

Like the wise people here always say...there's never JUST ONE...and hundreds won't be enough.

Don't do it...choose sobriety.
Thank you for posting. I know it wouldn't be just one more. For years before I got addicted. I used here and there. I kinda wish it could be at least that again but it cannot!!! And I know that its just a constant battle every day. I am on day 9 clean of subs oxycodone everything. So I just need to keep pushing and Im going to try like hell.
You wanna see if they work? For what, getting high? WOW...I'm actually speechless...
You will not have wd from one pill but we are not wired like that. One will lead to two and so on. It's normal to think one won't hurt but nothing is further from the truth. You're just gonna have to accept the fact that you can't take any more. I know it's hard but it will get easier with time. Whenever I think about wanting to take something I always read this poem and try to remember
How far I've come.

I destroy homes, tear families apart,take your children & thats just the start.Im more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold,the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold &if u need me,remember Im easily found.I live all around you in schools & in town.I live with the richI live with the poor I live down the street &maybe next door.My power is awesome;try me youll see, but if you do,you may never break free. Just try me once& I might let you go,but try me twice& Ill own your soul.When I possess you, youll steal &youll lie.You do what you have to just to get high.The crimes youll commit for my narcotic charms will be worth the pleasure youll feel in your arms.Youll lie to your mother youll steal from your dad When you see their tears you should feel sad.But youll forget your morals & how you were raised, Ill be your conscience,Ill teach you my ways.Ill take everything from you, your looks and your pride,Ill be with you always, right by your side. Ill take till you have nothing more to give&when Im finished youll be lucky to live.If you try me be warned this is no game.If given the chance, Ill drive you insane.Ill ravish your body, control your mind, own you completely your soul will be mine.The nightmares Ill give you while lying in bed, the voices youll hear from inside your head, the sweats, the shakes, the visions youll see; I want you to know, these are gifts from me, But then its too late &youll know in your heart that you are mine and we shall not part.Youll regret that you tried me,they always do,but you came to me,not I to you.You knew this would happen.Many times you were told,but you challenged my power &chose to be bold.You could have said no&just walked away, If you could live that day over,what would you say?I'll be your master; you will be my slave,Ill even go with you to your grave.Now that you have met me,what will you do?Will you try me or not?Its all up to you.I can bring you more misery than words can tell.Come take my hand,let me lead you to hell
Wow that made me cry. It's so true this is a brilliant poem to go by!!! Thank you so much Im going to hang on to this.
I read it everyday and it still makes me cry too! It's a good reminder of what we don't want.
Wowwwwwww what a poem!
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Addiction/Fighting-relapseDopamine-and-addiction/show/309?cid=66

You may not even be interested in the above explanation, but for me it was VERY HELPFUL to understand why I can NEVER re-visit or take opiates again and get the same positive, relief-giving results as I did in the beginning.  It is understandable that while being on methadone and suboxone the percs did not work for you.   They are both MUCH stronger opiates!  Even now, at 9 days off subs, your "original" relief from opiates will never be the same due to the permanent change in your brain's chemistry.  I found the more I understood EXACTLY what my body and brain were going thru......the better I could just "hang on".....you can too......I shared a few months back that "once you are a pickle.....you can NEVER be a cucumber again!"  Even if you haven't picked fresh cukes and actually canned pickles (lol).....the transformation that takes place is "irreversible".....and just so it doesn't totally depress you to accept that.......I love fresh cucumbers......but I also LOVE crunchy, garlic, seasoned, crisp pickles!!  We make be forever altered.....but we can still SHINE.......we can even twinkle brighter....and shine brighter OFF drugs!
Keep pushin......your time to feel better & get your shine on is just ahead~
we "may" not make......be forever altered
Me again.....lol
Since you liked the poem that leaveurfearsbehind posted.....here's a letter that is similar.....but yet a little different.......and POWERFUL~

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/564106/POWERFULLetter-to-me-from-my-AddictionNever-Forget?personal_page_id=2791479
Dang!!! That is really powerful! I am speechless here....
Now I am super scared, Clean in KS! That was a great letter...makes me sad too. I think you two need to post both of those regularly, ok?!
Thanks for that info. I have heard a little abt that.