Withdrawal Ease.
Has anyone successfully used that program, or is it just a hundred dollar hoax?

I am desperate.   I have had five major surgeries, and I have become completely hooked on norco 10s.  I take about 12 of them a day.   I went to my doctor and talked to him.  He wants to do the taper down with methadone.  That just scares the crap out of me.

And on top of that he is cutting me Down  to 45 a month....

I am a single mother.   I have to continue on, and I can't miss any work.  

Can anyone give me some advice, I am a nervous wreck.

I have to go to the doctor tomorrow, and he won't talk about it.  Just tells me
How it is...  

And I have no insurance so I can't go to rehab.    

Someone please give me some advice....   I am completely freaking out....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi and Welcome Back!

Deep breaths...The fear has you spiralling.  You need to focus on one small thing at a time.  Are you tapering right now?  Did your doc prescribe any non-narcotic meds to help ease w/d?  You don't have to do the methadone..It's your body and your life.  You can get free from this, it takes time, patience and surrender.  I don't know anything about the detox kit but I can give you some advice on some natural aids.  Keep breathing and know that you are going to be okay.  You just need to focus on one moment at a time.  
Sending support..
Lu
No on the methadone!

Ask the doctor to help you set up a good taper using Hydrocodone 5mg. With your lifestyle, it's the only way for you to function. The taper needs to be slow, cutting by small amounts at a time.

As far as the withdrawal ease goes...don't think it makes the withdrawal any easier at all. It contains some minerals and amino acids that you could use but it doesn't change a thing.

Good luck with this!
Taper if you can and then try to set it up so that the day 2 and 3 are on the weekend if you can.  Is there someone that can help with the kids??  You may need it for a day or so.  Not trying to scare you just being realistic.  When you are ready come back for more help with the withdrawals.  Most say the fear was worse than the actual withdrawals.  I know that to be true.  It is not wonderful, but doable!  Keep posting, it really helps to come here and get support as you taper.
you mentioned surgeries - I'm assuming that you're taking the norcos for pain? If you do a taper, a SLOW taper, you should be able to handle the
W/D's. See if your doctor will talk about slowing down the taper and forgetting about the methadone, which is a whole other world of lengthy tapering and
detox. If he won't talk to you about it, think about finding another doctor who will. Were you getting extra norcos from other sources? I'm sorry you're hurting and anxious. Like Lu was saying, focus on one thing at a time, you can get through this.
you should consider suboxone to taper off. i was taking about 150 mgs oxycodone a day. i started suboxone and after 4 days im off of the suboxone and barely had ant w/d. only thing is before you start the subs you need to wait at least 24 hours from the last time you took the norco. in that 24 hours you will go through w/d that 1 day was hell for me. but once i started the subs i had no w/d after that. used it for a couple of days to get everything out of my system and never touched it again. for me it really was a miracle drug. my doctor wanted me to stay on the subs for a longer period of time because it does help with cravings but im done with everything. i dont want to be on any drugs. id rather fight the cravings. if your really determined you will succeed. good luck
no methadone
trust me i made the mistake of taking that path 3 weeks ago but now im fighting to detox from that much longer and drawn out if i could go back and wd from pills id do it in a heartbeat i know its not easy but id take it over this methadone detox any day! it is best if you can taper down. with pills unlike methadone you can taper at a much faster and self controled speen and last time i tappered myself off vic 10s by the time i was done the wd i felt were no worse than a 3 day light flu little aches cold hot flases for 3 days but noone around me even noticed anything was going on. trust me the methadone is not worth it you can do this i have chronic pain issues as well its scary but so very doable as long as you want it. good luck you can do this!