Withdrawal from MS contin and Dilaudid
So, I have 3 diagnosed chronic pain diseases. Ive been in pain management and my bill got a little behind and they refuse to work with me. Wont even refill until I can pay my balance. I called pcp & they treated me like a criminal as well. I have a couple days of my meds left. Does anybody have experience with the withdrawal of these medications? First I have no idea how im going to handle my pain, but adding withdrawal to it scared me to physical illness. IM so sick of being treated like a criminal because Im sick!! I also have a sick toddler to care for and its already VERY difficult with the meds.
Anyway I just want off these pills because I cannot handle these condescending doctors any longer.(and i dont have a choice) Can anyone give me advice on getting off these meds without horrible sickness? I literally cant even get sick because I wont be able to care for my son. I: (  Thank you.
I know how you feel I have had two back surgeries and still suffer chronic pain but I now deal with it without pain meds. I the long run pain meds are going to make the pain actually worse because the more dependent your mind and body become to the meds the more your mind will actually make you physically hurt to get the meds. There is no getting around the withdrawal tho because that's your body getting used to not having the meds all the time and its part of getting clean. If you don't mind me asking how much of each med where you taking daily?
I'm a chronic pain patient and came off a boatload of stuff.  I go on and off and try not to get dependent.  I don't have an addiction, though I'm very cautious because it can happen to anyone.

I have to tell you I think your doctors are being negligent.  Just because you cannot pay the balance doesn't mean they should shut you off like that.  At the very least I would think they should give you a taper to taper off.  I'd call back and ask to speak with who's really in charge.  I'd consider calling a lawyer, and I don't say that lightly.

How long and how much of each were you taking?  Staying hydrated is really important.  Look up the Thomas recipe for help with withdrawals.  Imodium is way underrated as far as helping with withdrawal.  It not only helps with the stomach issues but also helps other withdrawal symptoms.  A potassium/magnesium supplement will help a lot with any restless leg issues.   I found myself a couple of times in acute withdrawal from a stomach bug and couldn't keep my meds down.  I had a horrendous experience in the ER initially and was treated like less than human.  After the doctor called my pain doctor, he had a huge change of attitude and apologized.  Too little too late.  You may also have some rebound pain for a while, even after withdrawal.  Ibuprofen can help (but you might want to try OTC Prilosec as it can really be hard on your stomach.)  Bland foods or light foods that appeal to you.  Eat what you can, but really watch your fluids.  It's very easy to get dehydrated.

I would save those couple of days worth of meds and only take 1 or 1/2 when u get sick until you have this resolved!!  Withdrawal from these meds is not fun-do you have enough to taper off??
Go slowly off your meds, do not save what you have and go cold turkey. If anyone does that, they are at risk o seizures. I am a radiologic Technologist and have worked in the hospital for 18 years. Also, i just detoxed off of morphine. They changed me to Exalgo32. Extended dilaudid. Take it once a day, for opioid tolerant pts. only. Tamper proof pill also. My pain doctor pushed me and pushed me to get a marijuana card. I finally did, and it sure helps the withdrawals.I have Sheuerman's disease(horrible spine w/DDD, DJD, rotary scoliosis, sponylosis, sponylolistheisis in mt c-spine and t-spine. Ablations is a procedure where they melt your nerves of of your spine. Pain and muscle spasms and cramps disappear.