Withdrawal from Pain Killers
I was in a car accident seven months ago where I hurt my neck.  I started taking oxycodone 3 times a day for the first month.  After the pain subsided I started to take less and less.  Over the course of the last seven months I've limited my daily intake to (1) 15mg per day.  Regardless of the small amount I was taking, I started to notice it changing my life in a negative way.  I decided on Sunday 2-17-2013 to stop taking anything completely.  I was always telling myself that I'd quit next week and that never happened.  I'm in day 4 of withdrawal and I'm starting to wonder if this feeling will ever go away.  I have a full time job so taking time off isn't an option.  I'm depressed, anxious, have diarrhea, insomnia and just don't feel right mentally or physically.  I won't take a benzo because I hear coming off of that can be just as bad.  It's only been 3-4 days but this is starting to wear on me.  Has anyone ever taken 1 pill after going 3-4 days without and didn't go back to square one of withdrawal?  I only ask because I have a lot of important things to take care of at work and this withdrawal is effecting my performance.  Any help would be great.
Hi There!   To answer your question; since you are only a few days in, if you take just one, you will set yourself back, but how far, I don't know.   All I know is that whenever I would do that, once it wore off, I still had withdraw symptoms, whether it be lack of energy, yawning, or diarrhea.   My Dr had told me that anytime you put any opiates in your system during acute withdraw you reset the process.   You are only a couple days away from the worst of it, so I would just hang tight.    And congrats on making it 4 days and recognizing that it was becoming a problem in your life.  Whenever we think we 'need' substances to get through our day, it is ruling our life.  
DO NOT TAKE THAT PILL! DON'T DO IT.
Oh, and I know what you mean about trying to work while going through withdraw.  It takes every bit of concentration you can muster to get through things.  I would listen to people talking and feel like all I am hearing is words...their mouths were moving, but I didn't hear most of what they said.  It was like blah, blah, blah..LOL!   And it felt like it took all that I had to say anything in return.  And I would make silly mistakes, forget things, or feel like even answering the phone was a chore.  
congrats on the 4 days!  you are almost thru the worst....so i def would not take that pill....and i would get rid of all pills you have.....too tempting....can't take what you don't have.  You will get thru it, it's hard to work during WDs i'm sure, but it does get better soon...you're almost there!   don't give in now!  

1 will never be enough....it will just make you want to take more.  Good luck and post when you have questions or just want to vent!  we are here for you!  
Thanks for the support everyone.  At this point I'd rather make up some excuse to my work on why I'm tired than take a pill.  This is a great forum for support.  It's nice to know I'm not alone in this.
no, you're not alone!  and just tell them you have the "flu".  The symptoms feel like a bad flu anyway....keep posting for support!  we can help :)
ABSOLUTELY DONT TAKE THAT PILL!!!! you will set yourself back.  You should be at the point where the dope sick will start to ease off. Oxycodone withdrawl i think is a little  longer that other opiates. Physically, after a week u should be over the worst of it. If you've been taking them for 7 months, you'll probaly feel drained for a month or two after that. It takes time for the brain chemistry to work back to norm. And your're right about the benzos, withdrawls from them is no better. you've come so far, really i know its hard, but be proud of yourself. These pills are litterally heroin synthasized in a lab. hang tough man, keep checking back. If u have question or wanna talk, keep putting your thoughts on here.  
Yeah It's been a week tomorrow.  Most of the physical withdrawal is over, but I still don't feel right.  I know I'm at the easiest stage that takes the longest, but the worse this is, the more I never want to do it again.  I always felt it would just be a few days of hell, but it's much longer than that.
it really is diff for everyone, depending on what you were taking and for how long....mine seem to last forever but it really didn't.....you will start to feel better and better every day now....then i think you should look into aftercare when you are feeling better...just hang in there and keep posting for support!  
It would be great if we could put down the bottle, walk away and feel pill sick for a few days and be done.  Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.  Our brains then need to heal.  Basically our brains quit putting out serato in for our moods and natural ability to kill pain..and more.   Take the drug away and our brain goes into shock because we aren't giving it the stuff it needs for it.  Now it has to jump start and while all those receptors are reconnecting, you will feel foggy, drained, forgetful, etc.   I would have moments of clarity and find things funny.  It was like I was manic around the first week after.   Then it starts to stabilize and eventually you feel yourself coming back.  Usually that happens around 30 days, but it continues a bit for another month or so.  Im almost 90 days (used for 5 years) so I still have ups and downs.  But way more ups then downs now.   Just hang in there and know that it will get better.  Time is your friend.