Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Withdrawal from fentanyl

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Withdrawal from fentanyl

How long will I feel like death warmed over? I am on day 7 & I can barely walk from the bedroom to the bathroom & back without feeling like I'm gonna pass out! I have the support of my wonderful husband but I have 2 young children. They want to know when I'm gonna feel better,I am disgusted with myself! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
How are you this morning?  Sleep any?  Hang in there, it gets better every day.  This is day 8!  You are amazing and you have a great husband that supports you.  That is crucial to your recovery.  Keep busy and try getting some exercise today.  Your brain will release the endorphins and it will make you feel so much better.  Post often...stay connected with us.  We all know exactly what you are going through.
Fent is one of the strongest of all opiates so withdrawal from it will last a lil longer and be worse than it is with hydrocodone or oxy. You should be about over that hill tho and it should start getting easier. Are you taking any vitamins or anything like that
Thanks for responding. I have been trying to eat what I can &drinking boost at least twice to three times a day.
I would suggest getting a good multivitamin vitamin b-6 and b-12 for the fatigue, potassium and magnesium for the restless legs, valerian root for anxiety and also take the valerian root at night with meletonin to help ya get some sleep oh and they sell a med called restless legs at Walmart that helps the leg cramping to. All this is herbs and vitamins and is OTC so Walmart or cvs will have it

Good luck and Godspeed
ABritt
Congrats on day 7!  Hang in there, it will get better.  If you are not already taking them, you should get on a multi-vitamin and a B complex.  Those will help with the energy level.  They really helped me.  Be sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.  Good luck!
Thanks I appreciate any helpful hints to keep going forward for my husband & kids.  Bless ya
Thanks!
It took me a good two weeks to feel like anywhere near human.  i also had two little toddlers when i was detoxing so i know your pain.  can u get any help?  on the third day i called my mom and she- thank god- helped with the kids
Pm. me if u need to gripe- or anything else

btw- great job on 7 days.  fent is a beast
Jeez- i meant to ask how much u were on and how long- this will effect the duration and strength of the withdrawals
I was self medicating using up to 100mcg/hour pretty pathetic right? I finally told my husband & he said quit & I'll support you through and he could get the real me back! Nice right? I love him sooooo much. So answer to your other question is yes, I have great help!
Husband works from home & kids are both in school helps too!
Having trouble sleeping tonight. Should have had my husband get the valerian root & meletonin like was mentioned above by abritt!
Definitely get your husband to pick up the Valerian root and Melatonin.  They help with anxiety and sleep.
Make sure you are well stocked with imodium (immodium) and Boosts or Ensures and you are taking a good B vitamin.
You need to take good care of yourself right now.  Try to eat as much as you can for energy.  Bananas, rice, soups, light foods and drink, drink, drink lots of fluids.  I love gatorade.  It's my new addiction and it has potassium in it.
I'm so glad you have a great husband to support you.  It makes all the difference in the world.
Keep positng
Hi, hope today you feel better! I'm on day 9 and I found that getting up and walking even laps through the house helped me get some of my energy back. I actually had to force myself, if I felt dizzy I sat down until it passed then got back to it. Yesterday after some light cleaning I realized I went strong for  about 2 or 3 hours and forgot all about my symptoms. Most everyday I feel a lol stronger now. Mentally I feel like I could clim a mountain! So good to be off the opiates! But physically I feel like I have to rebuild mt strength, like I've been really ill for a while. I'm 57 and I know I had to do this, and beliebve me when I say I know it's not easy, but please keep up the good work! Drinks lots of water, vitamins, boost or insure and real food will help when you can tolerate it.
Just dittoed your message pat, guess we were typing at the same time!
You made a good point about walking.  I missed that and it's very important.  Even a walk around the block is a start.  
Only got about 3&1/2 hours last night but I'm not really exhausted. Thanks everyone for the encouraging words & tips! I'll try doing laps around my house today......maybe. Lol I still feel like I have a bad flu but better than yesterday.
Checking on you comingclean....hanging in there?  Stay busy, that's key.  Let us know how you are.  :)
Still hanging in there & staying busy. I have taken my kids to school the last 2 days and they were excited to see mommy feeling a little better finally. It is getting better each day now and I am pushing myself to do more each day to get back to a normal mom routine! The insomnia is what is killing me the last 4 nights. I'll stay up until 10 or11pm then take the melatonin.  It puts me out pretty quick but so far the most I've slept straight through is 4 hours & after that I'm tossing and turning watching whatever channel my husband left on for me! Lol you would think after the 3rd infomercial I would be out for the rest of the night but noooooooooooo! It's all good though and thanks again for all the encouraging words & helpful hints. I am finally seeing a light at the end of the fentanyl withdrawal tunnel & I'm full steam ahead!
Thanks for checking on me AMom1st!
Yes sleep is the last thing to return to normal.  It's very frustrating.
Fentanyl is so brutal to detox from and you are doing so well.
Congratulations and so glad you are starting to feel better.
You have a great attitude.
Another day clean and each one is getting easier! I had a good day today with my kids. Took them to the park & they ran ME into the ground! It feels good to be sober! Anyone who has dependency on drugs, you are just existing & not LIVING! I am gonna LIVE who wants to just exist!? Thanks for all the support & I'm here to stay & hopefully help others as I continue my recovery.  ; )