Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Withdrawal symptoms and time frame

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Withdrawal symptoms and time frame

Ok so does anyone else going thru withdrawals have like this electric shock sort of sensation? It's mostly in my head but sometimes effects my arms and shoulders too? I am coming off of a mixture of opiates, but mostly tramadol and hydrocodone but with some oxy, roxy and morphine thrown in (my husbands prescriptions). Basically whatever I could get my greedy little hands on. I took 10 mg morphine yesterday morning and the day before that 20 mg of norco. I have went thru withdrawals before and this sensation always accompanies it. Is this normal? Also how long do these type of symptoms last. I also get hot and cold flashes, nausea, muscle and joint pain ect but the "electro shock" is the worst of it. Fatigue isn't really an option because of my job and home life so I take over the counter diet/energy pills. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
When I have accidentally forgotten to take my dose of MMT I had what felt like lightening flashes in my head so yeah-I think they may be part of the brains way to scream for it's DOC.
I think, in the Health Pages, there is a list of 'traditional' w/d symptoms.  Not sure if this is on it, but maybe it ought to be
january43
The tram is causing the zaps you really are not supposed to cold turkey on that it can cause sezuires .There is something call an amnio acid protocol in the health pages with suggestion for supplement that can help. good luck
avis
I recall the rest of the symptoms...no zapping tho....thank goodness..hopefully u will stay clean and all will pass...good luck and glad u r making the decision to quit