Withdrawl from Oxycotin
I have been on a different pain killer for the past 7 months due to a knee injury. I started on hydrocodone/apap 7.5/500. After about a month, I stated to the doc that it didn't seem as if the pills were working, so he uped me to 10/650. I stayed on these up until my knee replacement last month, to when he discharged me with Oxycotin. I am now finishing with part of my therapy, and am trying to wein myself from the pain meds.
I've been taken to the ER twice thinking I was having heart attacks, been having shortness of breathe, chest pains, headaches, anxiety attacks, vomiting.
I was diagnosed as starting withdrawl, and prescribed Ativan.
How long should I expect these symptoms to remain, and is there anything other besides putting me on more drugs?
Thanks.
Thank you for the encouragement!  :)
I tried the mag/zinc once, and really didn't notice much of a difference, and i had a hard time getting those suckers down! ugh!
Good luck, sounds like you are really making progress!!!!! :)
Lv Jenny
i need an ass-kicking, the closer i come to D-Day, the more i want to do!  It's late, and although, things are going well for my husband, as i've posted lately, i am in 'fear' mode for myself.  I actually dream about fear, and i'm hoping i can pull this off.  He is counting on my being 'clean' when he returns, but i'm not finding the testicals to pull this off.  I don't have any, can't even spell the word properly i don't think! lol! but crying inside! :(
Ok, send the troops in, i know i'm gonna catch hell from all of you, but it's so very very hard!
When i was in his arms yesterday, i felt a strengh from within and through his love, i was sure i could do this.  I know i have to want and do this for myself, i know all the logic and the words, etc. etc. and i know i desperately need meetings, counseling anything, everything...
I told robert tonight, that i will go to as many meetings with him as possible (for me!!!), and that we will spend a little time together too, ALONE!!!!!  We need time with eachother to build back our relationship!
I'm just feeling alittle lost lately!
Lv Jenny
My husband told me that their are three kinds of relationships:  The one where two people are using (and i think he said they don't work), the one where both are sober, and those work, and then there's the one where only one is using, and they never ever work.... and he told me that he loves me and he doesn't want to loose me... he told me this during the first week.
Thing that makes me feel so darn bad is he feels it's all his fault because he introduced them to me... but, you know, no one was putting a gun to my head, i made that decision for myself.  I don't want this kind of life, and i think once i break through to the other side, i will see it all much clearer.  I just need the strength to get there!
Thank you for the eye-opener, keep 'em coming because i need all the help i can get.
Lv Jenny
Welcome!  The first time I had an opiate, I fell in love!  That was about 30 years ago.  How low can it take us?  Did you see the thing about Natalie Cole last night on TV? It gets even lower than that!  I always got perscription drugs because I looked right and am intelligent enough to manipulate doctors no end. Maybe we all here can help you with our compassionate natures.  In the real world, it's tough enough to find someone that can give a sh*t unless we have a wad of money in hand.  J.B.
You are such a sweet-hearted person, i hope you find the kind of guy who will treat you right someday (or maybe you already have :)
You are exactly right about the babying part, and i felt the same way as you did when my husband came home last time.  This time around, it will be different because i will have my own personal stuggle with myself, and i won't be able to be so absorbed in his every breath.  I told him that all i need from him will be his hugs, and he said 'you've got it baby' and gave me a big hug!  He felt so good to lay on his chest, a closeness that we haven't had for a long long time!  
I look into his eyes, and i see him in there now, and i am so happy that he is back, and especially knowing that we could have lost him at any time.  He was on a very destructive path, and he was definately in need of this help very very badly!
I talked to my best of best friend tonight, a person that i grew up with, she actually came to visit July 4th, with her 3 girls.  I hadn't seen her in over 5 years.  She is going through a divorce right now with a man that is very emotional sick.  He is also an addict.  She lost her first husband to suicide quite a while back, he was a abusive alcholic.
She told me tonight, that what she saw when she was here was so much love inside.  She was almost envious of the love that i have for Robert, and he has for me.  It has only been masked by this sickness, but the base of our love is still there within.  I feel it now that he is 'awake', i feel it very strong.  It's been hard for me to get past all the anger and frusteration that i've had for him in the past, but now it seems so much easier to show him all the love that's been locked up inside, tucked away so neatly so i wouldn't hurt so much anymore.  
I truly hope that he will make it on the other side, i hope that i can make it.  If the love is strong enough, and the faith is there, than i think we will survive this beast!
His attitude is very good, he plans to follow through on everything that he is told to do.  His outpatient theropy is all set up, he plans to do the 90/90, and i told him tonight, that i will go to as many meetings as possible, get a babysitter, and also spend some time with him, maybe go out for s bite before or after, just to spend time alone!  We need to concentrate on our relationship as much as on ourselves, it's all a package deal.  We each deserve it, and the kids will benefit by having a well mommy and daddy and a happy pair too!
I will try to not walk on eggshells, and i will concentrate on myself, i have no choice, i'm very sick!  This is a much harder struggle than i thought i was going to be for myself.
Robert has a wonderful psychotrists, and he is very comfortable with him and plans to keep seeing him.  :)  Great news because he was never comfortable with anyone before.  He needs a lot of theropy to get past some of the difficult things between him and his father and mother~!
Things are looking up girlfriend!
One word of caution to you.  Don't buy his act, you just don't take pills now and again after going as far into addiction as he has.  Don't buy that line for one second!
Prayers to you my sweet friend.  You concentrate of YOU, and you will be ok!
Call me anytime!
Love Jenny
Hi everyone,
Wiz, welcome back! No worries about making my name plural...you're just acknowledging all my clamoring subpersonalities! LOL  And I'll take all the blessing I can get, from all sources!

Jenny, my thoughts are with you. Just remember to stay focused on yourself, and keep breathing. You can do this!

I'm doing ok...I stayed with my taper plan yesterday, and am truly learning the meaning of the term "one day at a time". It is so hard, even when I remind myself why I don't want to stay in the addiction.

By the way, has anyone here had any success with the zinc and magnesium supplementation that pillpoppa suggested? I've been taking both since I read that post, in smaller ammounts than he suggested 'cause they are huge horse pills.  I think it has helped minimize some of the withdrawal symptoms. Yesterday I forgot to take my third dose of they day (imagine that...I forgot! that is a good sign..mind was not waiting for the next dose). I went 9 hours between doses, and did not get the sweating and restlessness that usually shows up after 7 hours for me.  This might be due to me being on a lower dose, but since it has never happened before I'm wondering if it could be due to the zinc.

WW
jenny:
ok I'm back somewhat--still struggling-- made a decision to start
doing something again (not oil burnning junk habit) that seems to
cause extream emotional duress--- i don't know whats happening--
just that it is time to resume something i turned my back on 30
some years ago--and **** it really hurts emotionally. can't really
go into much detail yet.
jenny:
i'm concerned about you still using. i don't think your the kind of person that responds well to slapping around soo- you won't get
that from me.
may i ask several questions?
1) when are you going to start? maybe you have already.
2) do you honestly think you will be clean by the time your husband is back home? i'm not kicking your ass on this-- but damm
if thats yor plan times ruuning out!
3) have you considered detox or treatment for your self? i seem to remember in your past postings you mentioned being close to your
family- maybe now is the time to really scream for help. this also
involves bringing everthing out in the open. think of it as an egg
that has a rapidly growing crack--when the **** hits the fan they
will know-- want to tell them your self--or do you want them to
hear from some one else?
4) this next ones real hard, i'm going to sound like a real *******--but-- i've noticed a great deal of caring and compassion
pouring out since i first joined this unique forum. understand, these are admirable qualitys-- but its time to concentrate on jenny! you were one of the first to really make me feel as if i'ld
finally arrived at some place of understnding and care-- but it's
time for jenny to really concentrate on jenny. your care and compassion will be missed, but i'm sure the void will be covered
by other posters while you clean up your own hand. when you come
back as i have no doubt you will, you will be a different and
improved jenny.

**** listen to me, i'm practically going under with a few problems
ma' self! i have a load on my own plate! i guess thats why i pulled back. i guess i'm back for awhile, if only to point out the
not so pleasent. Try a fast taper with oxy ir's. remember it seems
to work faster to start with a little less than you think you need. now take it from one who has been on and off more times than
a flshing neon sign. The first 3 days are hell-but not as bad as
you think. If you can, now is the time to call on a family member
to come stay with you. jenny i know your family really loves you
and its time to let the habit out of the bag with at least one of
them. trust me here, pride is a big pill of **** to swallow- but
what else is on your plate?

charles bukowski (one of kip's favorite writers) titled a book of
poems with a phrase for you to think about--"the days they slip
away, like wild horses over the hills."

please get started now
will always need all of you!
kip

This is my first time writing on this message board.  I need help.  I have been hooken on Oxycodone (percocet, Oxy) and have been trying to get off.  I was trying to taper myself off it but the problem is I get so uncomfortible that I take the percocet to get rid of the withdrawl.  I have clonodine to help but that makes me really weak and sick.  This has really gotten in the way of my life.  I never thought I would be dealing with addiction.  I hardly ever drank because I didn't like the way it made act.  But as soon as a doctor gave me percocet, I felt like I hit the jackpot.  Since then I have spent thousands of dollars visiting doctors and ERs trying to scripts.  Doctors rarely ever turned me down.  My brother, who is a doctor in an ER, said that I didn't fit the stereotypical drug-seeker.  I look clean cut and dress nicely and am very polite with doctors.  I never ask for the drug because that makes me seem like I a drug abuser.  I know that addiction has many masks.  There is no stereotypical drug-seeker.  Addiction comes from all walks of life.  I remember one doctor giving me a very large prescription of Percocet. He said, "I rarely ever prescibe nacotics, but you don't look like someone who would abuse them."  I felt guilty after that.  Well I guess through all my rambling I'm trying to say that I need support.  I hope someone out there is relating to my brief story and can help coach me through this.  I want to get off them before it kills me.  I am 23 and the only thing I want to do is stay home on the weekend and get high.  I use to love going out but now I have no social life.  My friends know when I am on the drugs because they never hear from me.  When I temporarily go off them I call them to hang out.  Please help me.
.....Boy, did you come to the right place.  Give it some time, and you'll get a wealth of responses.  I'm not exactly the right one to answer your questions....eventhough I am on Oxycontin.....LOL  My situation is the exact reverse of yours, or used to be.
   Meanwhile, it will not be a waste of time, I grant ya, if you start reading the threads..... These people are the best, and full of experience and expertise....not to mention full of compassion....Lets see there is Thomas, JB, Cindi, The wonderul Wizard (LOL), Jennyfla's going through a pretty tough time right now......UH, Milo, skipper, and our newby Witcheywoman, also Bijou, wildcat.....Susanlea....these people are the best, and also Kerry...her daughter has a drug problem.
There you have it: a multitude of experience in various forms and circumstances.  Hang in there.
W.W. it looks like you are making progress! Congrats....I never tried the pillpoppa recipe but i DID use Thomas' L-Tyrosine.B-6 regiment. That worked wonders for me and made kicking so much easier. Now don't get me wrong , easy it was not but it made it tolerable in comparison to the many other times I tried. Stay focused and reach for the light at the end of the tunnel. Believe me it's there.Bless you and I'll keep you in my prayers.
Tyler, same goes for you. You mention that when you go off your friends call and you go hang. How long do you go off for? If you can do this and go hang, look at the reasons you back.  At 23 you have a great chance at kicking this before it takes over your life, and take over it WILL if you continue. Just read some of our stories. Some of us have been using well over half of our lives if you want to call them lives. I call it just existing. Being clean for me is real living man. Check out Thomas' recipe for the L-tyrosine method and stick around awhile. We'll be in your corner for the support and for the prayers. May God bless you and keep you in His Light,
Power & Magick 2 U Both,
Peace & Light on Us all,
Wizard
Thank you for taking the time to write your very thoughtful and very concerned post, you're a very good friend! :)
First, let me start out by saying that i am so sorry that you are going through this inner turmoil, and i've sensed your extreme pain in your recent posts, and have been very concerned about you... i knew something different was going on with you, just didn't know what exactly, but you've been on my mind.
You are a person who has been through so much in your life, and i will pray that you will find your so deserved peace, and that you will he able to live 'happy' in this world.  I really think you can make it, even with all the physical pain, which will get better over time.  My heart cries for you, and i want you to know, even through you think it's too much for me right now, that i am here for you to talk to anytime.  My email is ***@**** if you ever want to talk further about your struggles... it really does help me in many ways to be able to give people i care about the support that they need so badly right now.
About me... I suppose i'm in a bit of denial, and am having a difficult time letting go, and giving it all up for good.  I dragged my feet on putting my foot down with my husband, and telling him that enough was enough, and that it was time for him to get help before it was too late.  I never would have been able to live with myself if i had let it go too long, and he had died.  It was time, and i had to be stern.  I unfortuately, was not quiet ready to give it all up, but i know i must.  i don't think we are ever completely ready, but with some counseling, and meetings, i will start to see that this is the only way, and come to accept it.
I can't go to rehab because of the kids, and i have no family closeby, so no relief there.  I plan to go to meetings with my husband, and i think that it will all become a reality actually going to a meeting, and i will know that it is time to change!
i know i am running out of time, but i've done things that have amazed people in the past, and i know that i will amaze myself on this one, because this is the biggest fight i have ever had to battle with in my life!  I'm going to beat this, mark my words, i'm going to post one day that I AM FREE!!!!!!!
I have to because this is the only way out, i know that staying here in this world will only continue to destroy everything that i had ever hoped for, dreamed of, and have worked so hard for all of my life!!!  I can see it slowly leading me down the same path that my husband walked.  I had a full 9+ months of sobriety while pregnant, while he continued down the path.  Plus, he is much more aggressive with his using, but i see things along this road that are way to familiar, and i want to stop while i can still see them.  When it gets too advanced, and you aren't even aware anymore, then look out, it turns into something that destroys very very quickly.
I'm sitting here with chest pains, i think it's an anxiety attack.  I'm gonna go lay on the bed with my 8-year old daughter, and watch something silly on tv, and hope that i can get my mind off of this for a little bit.  
Thank you for caring and for being here for me, you are a truly wonderful person.  I hope and pray that you will be able to get past the demon you are fighting, and start to live again because you are too wonderful to loose!!!!! :)
Stay safe, and be strong, and i will try too!  I am holding your cyber hand through this ordeal, and want you to know you are always in my thoughts, along with so many of my special friends on this board.
Even if you are unable to post, i know that you are out there routing us all on as we are for you!!!!!
Stay special!!!!
Lv Jenny
.....I hate to bother you about this right now, but I'm looking into on-line pharmacies.  I need to fill my meds, and I am dragging my heels.....cause I'm tired of all the dam looks, and excuses at the local pharmacy.  
Did you see what Phillychad wrote up there to jennifer ......man that was good.  Thomas too.....
anyway, I emailed a few, but I am scared.  Just give me some feedback when your feeling better..... I trust your judgement.  Will say a little prayer for you tonight... I'm still thinking about you.....so is Wiz.
Love ya,
angelica
my dear sweet jenny,   You always put yourslef on hold for other people...i am so sorry for not being there for you....I feel so selfish but sometimes my head gets so full I can't focus on anything...you are such a good person....and things can only get better for you..when i get down to florida all hell will break out with us on the prowl.LOL  we will all be ok....thank you for your caring and your concern.......love you    cin
Welcome, and you hit the jackpot on a good place for support, because these people are the best!!!!!!
Stay close, you won't be sorry.
You're accomplished step 1, you are tired of feeling like this and you want to stop.  Pat yourself on the back, because this is a very important step.  Now for the hard part... Quitting completely!!!!
Have you ever thought about an outpatient program, counseling?  It's hard to beat on your own, and you will need to learn more about addiction, causes, etc. etc. in order to quit and avoid relaspe.  I'm not sure how knowledgeable you are, but there's alot to this thing called 'addiction'.
A real good idea would be to get yourself to some NA meetings.  A scarey thought, but a great start!
Stay close to this board, you couldn't be with a better bunch of people than right here!!!!  You are not alone, we all have a personal struggle very much like yours.  Some at different stages then others, and some with a more critical need right now for support, but we are all one in the same!
Good luck, and please come back!
Lv Jenny
Hello Again,

Thanks everyone for answering my post.  This is probably one of the hardest thing in my life I have to deal with.  It effects so many people around me.  I am fortunate that my whole family is supporting me with this addiction.  No one has turned their back on me...yet.  I went through a detox program in the beggining of April.  They used buprenorphine.  I think they put nalaxone in it so you don't get high...also it makes you very sick because it pulls the opiate off the receptors in the brain.  I was miserable for a couple days.  I was in a program where I went Monday, Wed., and Friday.  My work got in the way and basically threatened to fire me if I didn't work the morning shift on those days (I told them I was going to physical therapy).  They said tht its a managers resposibility to open every morning.  I stop going to the program...bad mistake...because I wanted to keep my job.  Couple weeks later I got in trouble with my job...so I started using again...then I got fired.  I didn't like my job so I guess I'm glad I got fired but I still needed to make money.  I want to get back in the program.  I also should go to some NA meetings.  I guess my problem is that I want to get off the drugs and pretend it never happened.  It's like I don't want to think about it and go on with my life.  I know I can't do this or I will relapse.  The cravings get soooo bad.  I feel like sometimes I would saw off my right arm just to get some.  I am suprised I have never been caught going from doctor to doctor and pharmacy to pharmacy.  When I am off the pills I get bored just sitting around and then I feel like taking some oxycodone.  I feel like I have become a pharmacologic experts on managing pain killers.  I would never fordge scripts or fill in the refill box because thats too risky...I have heard of too many horror stories of people getting busted.  I might go to a NA meeting soon.  Thanks again for writing to me.  I definately appreciate your support.  Anyone feel free to EMAIL me at: ***@****

Thanks Again
Awww shucks, you always make me feel so special.
Don't ever worry about not being able to post, your words ring through my head every day of my life, you've really supported me through all of this, and some of the things you have said will never be forgotten!
I was only getting a little concerned wondering where you were!  You take the time you need for yourself, and get your head back together again!!!  Take all the time you need, we are always here.
Remember, with this crew, there is always someone around to lend support when one of us needs alittle time for ourselves, don't ever feel guilty!  We are all a team, we work together, we can't always ALL be strong all of the time!
Big huge (((HUGS))) for you, and you are always welcome in my house when you come back to FL!!! :)  I'd love to meet you in person!
Take care of your sweet self!
Lv Jenny
I need to interrupt to let you know that i truly feel for you!!!
I think what you are feeling is the aftermath of your mother's death.  You are going to have these fears, and it is such a difficult thing to go through, loosing someone that you love so very much!
You've been through a lot and it's gonna take some time before you don't have these fears and worries, but the day will come, you'll see!
(((HUGS))) for you, and know that we all know you are here in your heart, there was never any doubt about that!  You take care of what you need to do right now, and we will all be fine! :)
Lv Jenny
this has been going on for several nights...then I got the call today that my son's surgery is scheduled for the 30th of august..Of course everythig that could go wrong has already gone wring in my head.Nurses are terrible when it comes to stuff like this,..My doc told me my problems are getting worse in myback and she is concerned about the tylenol in the vicodin so she has put me on oxys on a trial basis..40 mg. bid...in am and pm..because of my state of mind i did manage to get myself 30 valium for an online pharmacy..i have not yet taken any but if need be i will...what I am about to tell you i have not shared with anybody but I am now able to talk about it because I trust all of you and the feelings have passed..but a few days ago the fear of losing my kids and husband had me so overwhelmed...I am afraid they will die before me and this I could not handle I actually for a split second thought about getting my life over and done with so I will never have to deal with losing my kids..I immediately called a dear friend of mine who is a psychologist and was with me through my addiction and recovery  (she was my director of nursing at the hospital) ..my husband is wonderful but if i said anything to him i would have scared the bajeebers out of him....no sense in doing that..I feel much better in that department (con't)
sorry this is so long,,,anyway,,,i did get some beautiful things from wizard and his kind and caring words helped me along to see that I am ok,,,I am not nuts,,,and my kids and husband need me....and if i did end my own life..( i would not have had the guts to do it anyway) I would not see my mom or my kids   I did manage to get myhands on some good pure dust...the best stuff around....Wizard Dust LOL  fooled ya huh...you have all beein so muh pain yourselves...There is no way i was laying all of this on you but,,,now I did..i want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for listening....to me...I am sorry this is so long but it felt good to get it all out      I love you all   cin
I'm so glad you had someone with you while you were going through that...  You must of scared yourself to death!!!
Please know that we are here for you, as you have been so many times for all of us!
It's ok to feel weak sometimes, we are only human.  This feeling will pass over time, and you will find yourself full of live again, and wondering why you were ever thinking that way to begin with.  The pressure must be extreme having a child getting ready for surgery. I have a feeling, once that is all over, things will start to look up!  Hang in there girl, you're far too special to leave this earth just yet!
Lv Jenny
Welcome Home! All it takes is Wiz's dust and a couple of rainbows to get you to follow my yellow brick road? Darling you're too easy! (just kidding) Dorothy, remember this, click your heels 3 times and say: "There's no place like the forum, there's no place like the forum, there's no place like the forum. If you ever say you have nothing to contribute to us again I'll send my flying monkey over to you and have him make you eat prunes! WE NEED YOU, YOU NEED US...simple equation. God bless you dear and watch over you! You know you are in my prayers.
Power & Magick 2 U,
Peace & Light & our Love 2 U,
luv, Wiz
Hi Cindi,
I'm so glad you are back posting, and that you told us what is really going on inside of you.

It sounds like in the aftermath of your mother's death, the whole stable seeming structure of your world view is getting shaken to the core.  Like others have said, this is very normal when someone as close to you as a mother dies.  I don't even know how long ago she died, but that doesn't matter..there is no time frame for grieving....it just takes as long as it takes, and you have a right to feel all your feelings, even the ones you think might be "unacceptable".

I guess now is the time to pour the endless compassion you have for others straight onto yourself as well. Sometimes when the dark nights of the soul are upon us, it helps to remember that the most beautiful jewels are in the darkest, deepest caves.
Mine for the jewels within you, and know that we are here to support you no matter what.

love,
WW
.......You need a little uplift.....Go read my posts here lately. lmao...  I don't even know what I'm doing half the time.  You and I share the same humor....  I know you will laugh.  Like why do I keep saying......go "grab the bull by the horns"???....we have more cows and deer, here than bulls..... and the typos, oh well, just that is enough to make ya laugh.
Well, anyway:  Out of all that I want to say this:...YOU WILL BE OK..... NOT MATTER WHAT.  I think you are going through....a little post traumatic blues.  If it gets too bad, please tell your doctor.  I don't mean to be silly.... I know this is serious, I just hate too see you sooo blue.  You always make me laugh.  My crazy sista!
Love,
Angelica.....go sista go .....hey, sista go... go grab some locha mocha chocolatttooooo lmao
WW,,,you are right about the grieving....It seems like Ihave been mournin the loss of my mom for a hundred bazillion years..She passed away this past Chritmas morning....after a long battle with emphysema....since the very moment of her death my world has not been the same..nor will it ever be the same..my heart has been shattered...I had never felt this type of pain and this is where my fears are coming into play,,i am so terrified of now losing my kids or doug...to lose a parent, sibling, spouse etc. is horrible enough but to lose a child...unthinkable...but this is where my dreams are at....I need to go before my kids..that is how it is suppossed to be..and my mom's fear of dying was not for herself but her fear was for me..she was so afraid that I may start using again..anyway,,when my mom died is when I came here..they got me through...my forum family....they all know how I am and they know just what to say to help me through my "mom" days..thank you for you kindness and warmth...and my sista LOL...thank you to... you have been with me from the start...you know me like the back of your own hand yet....we have never met  LOL and we do have the same sense of hummer  OOPPSS     I mean humor  LOL you are so full of warmth and happiness,,you always add sushine to my days when they are dreary....and you have gone to bat for me on various occasions right along with Brighty...remember the one person inparticular that got us all in an uproar?...i swear..If I had balls he'd make them itch...and then of course Wizard dust i what makes the world a better place to live.....love to all of you   each and every one of you      cin
and I mean each and every one of you....I am so very sorry that I have not really been here for you,,,Jenny, Skipper, all of you,,,yiu know how much I love being here for you and helping you all through whatever it is you are going through but now I have to be honest....over the past few days I have honestly considered not posting anymore...why?  because I felt I have absolutley nothing to contribute..I have been so very depressed and terrible afraid of life lately..I don;t know it it's the aftermath of dealing with mom's death or the summertime blues ..i have been so afraid that my kids and my husband are going to die...my gramma, my dad and even mmy sisters and brother...to the point where I didn't want them to even go anywhere, and if they did I would panic the whole time they were gone. Then i could not sleep.....I wold lay there and think about myself dying,,then when i did fall asleep i woke up screaming...it took my husband a few minutes to convince me that I was not dead...(I have to continue this cuz everytime i go to post it won't except it so hang on)
cindi:
i guess it's my turn for concern. slow down! the answers are out
there! THERE IS A WAY THRU THIS & WE WILL FIND IT!
may i tell you  about my first 12 step sponcer & his death? The
man was one of the last of the old boys- put his heart out for any
one to look into. this man worked his program like the orignal boys from Akron. i was just one of the many people he pulled out of the gutter and brought into his own home. in the old days there
were few treatment centers & insurence did not pay for them. detox
was done at the county hospital and the only drug that could be used for the DTs was chlorohydrate. Many of the people he helped
repaid him by stealing his personal property. the 3 months i lived
in his house, his television set was stolen 4 times. one of the first lessons i ever learned: you do not loan money to new comers,
you give it to them. if it was ever repaid, far out, but never let
your love for fellow suffering addicts lead you to disapointment.
****- i stole from him too. I stole his love of all addicts still
suffering, his patience with new comers, & his light of faith that
never went out, regardles of of what ever personel circumstance that would try to thwart his mission: to locate & rehabilitate the
street weary addicts and alcholics.
in almost 20 years living a 12 step program his spirit, his love, and his forever open wallet touched and helped hundreds. I owed
this man my life. words fail to express my gratitude for this
wonderful human being, so full of the light of hope, strength, &
generosity. the last years of his life were spent mostly in Tanzanea. he worked an agriculture mission through the catholic
church. when the local priest told him he didn't think it "proper"
for a civalized man to dig in the dirt with the people they were
there to save, he asked "what then he should do?"  the priest seemed to think his proper place would be in the daily prayer group. he responded "pray all you want, please don't get in the way, i've got work to do! He died of african histoplasmosis, a fungal infection that starts in the lungs and ended up shutting down his kidneys. As he lay dying in his hospital bed in Sioux City, Iowa, a number of us brought a meeting to his room. of the hundreds of people who's lives he touched, helped, and saved, 12 people showed up. I'll never forget the excuses of some of the  people who didn't come- hospital and dying people scare me.... i'm going to a movie that afternoon. 13 years later i stll taste the biter disgust and contempt i have for these people. this wonderful example of what recovery can do, this man who never tired of helping suffering addicts, who made his love and concern available
to any one 24/7 and they were to busy to come and give this man
what he loved most, a 12 step meeting full of the people he put his own ass on the line for..... but then i hear him tell me, "i'm
going to love you and there is not a damm thing you can do about
it...watch out, you become the people you resent... there is a way
thru this, lets find out what we must do."

cindi, where did you get the strange idea that you have nothing to
say or offer this forum? Pull back, charge up your health, renew
the kindred spirit that helped me thru the worst summer of my life!
"until we learn how to find one another, we can't run away anymore." (tom rapp)
we all need each other
kip
...That's fine deary.  Hey, I was reading the dangers of Xanex thread down below.....Its getting ready to go off.  I was lmao rotf....  We are soooo silly down there.  I just thought it might get a laugh outta ya...sister girlfriend...my homey!!! lmao
........ I aggree.  I can just see that I'm gonna have fly over there, and  have a little talk w/ Cin...lol  She is this forum.... and has been for quite sometime.  She has a very hectic schedule, and still finds the time to pop in and post w/ care and concern to someone in need.  A true friend indeed.
Angelica
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone seen the news report today about the letter that has been sent out to doctors about Oxyxontin.  They are warning doctors about the abuse potential.  I have an idea.  If they are so concerned with the abuse potential why don't they turn the pill into a patch to wear.  This would be much like the fentanyl patch.  You can't crush up a patch.  Anyway.  

I am still trying to kick this addiction.  When I am on it I sometimes get very tired and want to quit.  As soon as I stop, twelve hours later the withdrawl gets so bad that I can't stand the cravings so I take it.  Anyone else what is going through what I am going through knows that the drug taste so sweet after a long while without it.  I start getting aches and paines, cold sweats, cramps, nausea, and I know it will all go away when I take the Oxycodone.  I feel like I am going crazy sometimes,  Maybe I should do an inpatient detox because I can't stay off it on my own.  

Its the whole thrill of getting high that I like too.  Going to the doctor and suckering them into prescribing me the pills.  Going to the pharmacy and getting the pills wondering if they will be able to tell that I was getting the pills at other pharmacies.  As soon as I hear the pharmacy tech call my name with the prescription in hand I get a huge sense of accomplishment.  Just getting the drug is a high itself.  

I am also mad.  Why do I have to deal with this.  Why do some people take the pain medicine and think nothing of it...and some people take the pills, like me, and feel like they have just discovered a buried treasure.  I know I can't get mad and feel sorry for myself but I think we all have gone through that.  Well thanks for listening.  I'm still new so I'm trying to get to know everyone.  Please help me anyway you guys can.  I know I can kick this thing with your support.

Thanks,
Tyler
Wow, do i ever know how you feel!!!!
I can relate, perfectly to all that you are saying, and feel many of the same feelings that you feel!
I've been abusing for a while now, and so was my huband.  We started with loracets about 4 years ago, then moved on to herion, and then found oxys.  I've been ok healthwise (as far as i can tell), but my husband was wearing himself down very very quickly.  Drugs and alcohol were killing him, and it had to stop!
He is in a 28-day program, and seems to be doing fine, but i know if i can't stop before he returns, he's doomed!
I have this great big weight on my shoulders right now, and this unbelieveable guilt, i just can't explain it.  I want to stop, but i like it too much!  The guiltier and more stressed i become, the more i want to use, it's crazy!!!
I wish i could be sent away for a short while to clean up, because i don't know if i can pull this off on my own!
I'm beyond ashamed, here i go and put my husband in one of the best rehabs in the country, and i can even kick this thing!!!
I wish you luck, but you have to really have a good reason and purpose for stopping.  You have to learn to HATE the drug!!!!]
Good luck!
Lv Jenny
Hey Jennyfla,

Thanks for your response.  I feel like why should I stop doing something I absolutely love.  But when you think about it...I remember the first couple time I took the percocet I was like, "OH MY GOD!!"  And that was only with one 5mg. tablets.  After a couple days it was one and a half.  And from then on it was on and off.  I am fortunate enough to be the only one of my friends to be addicted, my friends support me and they see what I am going through and said that they would probably never touch the stuff even if the legitamitly needed it.  Several months would go by before I would get another couple pills.  I wasn't dumb enough then to injur myself to get the pills like now.  And then I found in my parents room a whole bunch of tylox (oxycodone 5mg/APAP 500) because my mom had severe back surgury several years earlier and she hardly touched any of them.  I was happy to have found the burried treasure.  When that was gone I confessed to my parents and they forgave me and supported me.  I really didn't touch another pill until a year later I found some percocet in my dads drawer because he had some dental work done.  My dad was always getting root canals so I know he would have some scripts when he got home.  My dad would hardly ever get them filled because he had left overs from the first script he got.  See my dads a doctor so pain killers are no big deal to him.  He could care less if he had them or not.  He took motrin and tylnol most of the time.  I wised up and everytime he came home from the dentist I knew he would throw the script away.  So I went into his wallet and took it and got it filled.  Again I fessed up and again my parents understood.  

What I'm trying to say through all this is that I would pay $100 a pill to get the same high I got from them a couple years ago.  I don't get nearly the same high now, although I do take it with vistaril which increases the narcotic effect.  I don't think I would go to heroin although it is virtually the same thing.  I want to get off this ****!!  Now I like it but I am tired of feeling dragged down when I come off the high.  I am sometimes afraid to go to sleep at night because I am afraid I wont wake up.

As for you, jeenyfla, you did a good thing with your husband.  Maybe he will help you get off them when he gets back.  Hopefully he can show you the benefit of being sober.  Although when you are sober you have to deal with the problems instead of numbing it with the heroin and oxy.  I wish I could take my own advice!!  I know I can get off it.  I went twenty years of life without touching them.  My problem is that I am a college educated person and am now working on another degree in biology so I can go to med school.  I screwed up my class this summer by getting messed up before class.  I told my teacher I was on pain killers for breaking my ribs so he told me I could take some time off and take the final later on...he is also a physician and knows the effects of the drug.  Hang in there!  I will try to as well.  I hope one day we can post a message about our success and help other conquer this addiction.  For now I need to rely on the help of all the kind people out there.  Thanks again for your post!!

Tyler
WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK ARUNN12 OR SO I SEND YOU SOME E MIAL.   LOVE CIN
What a great story kip, thank you for sharing that, i really benefitted from all you said too! :)
I think you're pretty special your own self, and i hope that you are feeling better...  you sound better than you did earlier in the week, and i'm praying for you!  We will all have our weak moments, just don't let them swallow you up, you're too special to ever loose!
Just wanted to say thank you!!!!
Love and prayers, Jenny
Wow, what a bright future you have ahead of you... Definately another reason to stop this madness before it gets worse!!!!
You will grow to hate the drugs more and more as they take more and more of your life away from you.  You have so much going for you, it would be ashame to have something as senseless as some little pills take away all your dreams, and they will if you don't clean up soon!
Your parents will tire of your excuses, and they will begin to trust you less and less, if it hasn't already happened.  Sounds like you have a good support group with your friends, look at them as examples of what life can be without the drugs.  
Keep reading all these wonderful posts on this forum, these people are just out of this world with all their advice and recommendations; a group straight from heaven!!!
You will need to fight harder than anything else you have ever fought for, especially going into the medical field, you will always have this hanging over your head, and the temptation will always be there.  I really hope that you can straighten up and know what is most important in your life, YOU, not the pills!
I'm talking to myself as i'm typing this too, so don't think that i am wagging an almighty finger at you, i'm working on myself as i type these words.
Good luck to you, you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders, and know deep down what you need to do in order to have a successful life.  You sound like you are just sick and tired of the problems these pills are causing just enough to know what you need to do!!!!
Best of luck to you, and me too for that matter!
Stay strong, and stay with this forum, they really can help you help yourself!!!!!
:)
Lv Jenny
After reading the comments I would just like to add that two weeks ago my 21 tyear old nephew died from an oxycotin drug overdose and less than one week later 20 miles away another kid broke into a house, stole a oxycotin perscription and ingested them.  He realized that he was in trouble and went to the local hospital for help but was turned away.  Feeling at a complete loss in dealing with his stupidity he took his life by jumping off a bridge.  Oxycotin has been on the market for approximately three years and has over 1,000 deaths attributed to it.  Young people are getting into and not understanding the full implications of what it can do are playing with fire.  This is a drug that is far too dangerous to be on the market and something has to change.  Where we are we never heard of oxycotin until two weeks ago, now the name plagues our thoughts.  Don't take it.
it truely saddens me to hear of the loss of your 21 year old nephew
and the other young person you also mentioned. i however must dis-
agee with your oppinions about oxy-contin. as dangerious as this
narcotic drug is, it's what enables me to live a relatively normal life. since 1997 i have been in chronic intractable pain from damaged and since removed cervical discs. in the past 2 years i've had 2 major surgerys to further stablize my spine in the cevical region. last winter my neuro-surgeon told me that one of the fusion sites had failed and i would have to undergo more surgery. two days later found me with a shot gun in my mouth! judge me as you care too, i had lost all hope of an exitence without +9 pain level. oxy-contin has been one of the only drugs that has allowed  me to function. instead of taking oxy-contin off the market and depriving people who truly suffer, how about looking into this problem a little more closely. the media (newspapers, magazines, tv, etc) have a howling good time going hysterical about this drug. maybe you don't see the connection here, but i do. you yourself claim to have never heard of this drug untill 2 weeks ago. maybe if the media had not made such a fuss about it--well maybe your nephew wouldn't have heard about it either.
i will pray for you and the rest of your family, as you deal with
a truly devastating loss.
keep an angel on your shoulder
kip
It's been 8 years and 15 operations and what I know about withdrawal is extensive . First compare the quality of life you have while on oxy then to laugh when you realize that withdrawal is the price you paid for all those days you felt like a member of the healthy. people around you wont ever understand how chronic pain can totally ruin you to the point of suicide . For 8 years I have gone on and off all the pain meds each one has a wicked withdrawals but its a small price to pay for so much relief .when you do go off oxycontin be smart prepare your self for two weeks of hell the first week is the hardest you need tons of fluids to flush out and add herbal vitamins witch you should have been taking all the way.
One help in this miserable week one is valerian root and B2 B12 and 3000mgs of C a day . Even though you will have diarrhea this is a must if you don't you first week could be worse X100.
So be smart plan for withdrawals plain to be very sick don't let this happen while you begging doctors to help its to late if you need to ask for more . Use it for life "Quality of Life" not to substitute .
BeenThere:
welcome to the forum! there is always room for one more, so come on
in! i do hope you will keep posting, as we all need each others expierence, strength, and hope. p,lease post a little closer to the
top of the forum. see it's real easy to get overlooked in the base-
ment." hope to be hearing more from you!
keep an angel on your shoulder
kip
test
[image]nicksfix.com/nicksfix011s.jpg[/image]
[b]hello[/b]
I have really enjoyed reading this forum. I am sitting here with a blanket wraped around me, last oxicotin was a hafe of and 80mg around 6:00pm yesterday.  I can feel the sickness coming on and I am so worried.  I have been sober from booze for the past twenty years but started with heroin in the mid ninties and now am strung out on oxicotin.  I hate this life and definatly need support getting out of it.  I read Thomas's detox recipe, I wonder if he has any thoughts about L-Glutamine to help with withdrawl.  I will continue to read comments and hope for better days.  I read somewhere that it takes 180 days free of opiotes for the brain to recover fully and maybe then the depression lifts and the sun can come out again.  I can't seem to get through 48 hours at this point.  I have a friend who has offered me naltraxon to bring me out of the withdrawl and give opiote blocker.  we'll see.  Telby
It was so nice of you Kip to respond to me.  I guess I'm not experieced with how to manuver my postings.  I originally wrote further up under hydrocodone but then I thought I should enter after the last posting.  Maybe among other things I could use advice on how to ask for advice.  In this area doctors have flooded patients with oxicotin but I have noticed some strange things.  The people who get scripts are usually on disability or have a medical card.  These people can have the actual pills delived to their front door by fed ex.  This is appalachia so there is alot of poverty, someone shows up at the door and offers hundreds of dollars for pills they didnt have to pay for and it is hard to turn down.  So there are people who have never comitted a crime i their life trafficing in narcotics.  There is no way a doctor is going to give me oxycotin for anything but there are many who get hundreds a month.  Pharmacutical companies, doctors and dealers are all getting rich while sick people like me are forced to pay too much and worry everyday about finding a pill.  This stuff effects the brain in our pain and pleasure centers so everything gets screwed up and it takes a long time to repair.  I keep trying to think what the healthy me would do because the sick me is not making good choices.  This forum has inspired me to force vitamins and minerals so I can start building myself up.  Yesterday I did one 40mg which kept me from being sick so I think I'm lowering my tolerance. Today I have done the same so the challange will be to not get another one later in the day when I start to feel like ****.  With this newest plane crash I can focus on other people's problems insted of my own pity party.  Thanks again for being out there somewhere.  Telby
telby:
you are "not out there alone!" the problem is when you post near
the bottom, it is real easy to get overlooked. i too take oxycontin
40mgs three times a day. my pharmacist tells me i'm not addicted to
them, rather i am dependent. when i ask the difference, he smiles
and tells me "you have a diagnosis, and more importantly insur-
ence!"

what a joke, i went almost 20 years feeding a drug habit by break-
ing into drug stores and clinics. to hear now that me and my ad-
diction are "legitimate" is somewhat amuseing. i am in intractable
pain so that is the reasion for oxy-c. i try to quit every 4-5
weeks for a week. when i do this i use Thomas's detox recipe.

i certainly look forward to further post from you Telby. please
post closer to the top. don't be afraid to break in on someone
elses thread.

keep an angel on your shoulder
kip
Another day and I wonder if anyone is out there.  Just writing is good for me and if it happens to interest anyone else that is cool to.  Reading all of the concerns about the dreadful withdrawls from opiates I thought of some things I have learned along the way that helped me in the past.  When I was addicted to heroin I kicked at home.  The medication which saved me was Darvacet 100.  I hated it because it upset my stomach and gave me bad breath but it did cut the "sickness" enough that I could get through it.  They don't stay in the system long and they are hard on the kidneys and liver (take no more then two at a time, more will not help a bit and can hurt vital organs). As much as I disliked them I found I was dependent on them once I was over the heroin. So I tapered off every day reducing my dosage at least by one and this was the only time tapering was successful for me. Being addicted to a drug I hated was really too much. NOw these oxy's are a problem for me. I have no access to Darvacet anymore so that's out - short term use of methadone has helped me in the past (no longer then four-five days) but I can't find any of that.  I mentioned the Naltraxon because I can use that.  It is a very potent medication so I know to be very careful.  It causes immediate withdrawl so it's important to be used after tapering down to no more then 40mg a day (20 would be safer) and going at least 24 hours with nothing.  I know to take less then a hafe of a dose and that while I am taking it it creates an opiate blocker so it is impossible to feel effects of oxycotin.  It is a committment to getting clean and staying clean.  My head is the problem, giving up this old hateful evil friend is harder then outsiders think.  My self esteem is so low at this point and my fear of living life and facing myself is tremendous.  I also know I cannot continue spending my days feeling like ****, looking for drugs, waiting around for drugs, and figuring out how to pay for drugs.  Oxy's are now $1.00 per milligram in this area so it's a minimum of $40.00 per day which causes other bills to be put on the shelf, more stress, more drugs and on and on.  Once I start to feel sick I panic and since I have no emotional resources I end up back on the phone trying to hook up.  I have taken time off work to get my act together so it is now or never time.  I have so little faith in myself and when I look into the future I see a black hole.  This drug family is definatly run by the devil, it is a slow wearing away of the soul and one looses the ability to feel joy.  I noticed that most junkies live in a world without color or art, it seems to get soaked into the drug.  I do want out and I will work everyday to build myself up so this time I'll get through it and be done with it.  I give all of you a great deal of credit, unless you've been down this road one cannot know the pain and misary of such a life.  God bless us all, Telby
I recently got off a 4 yr methadone addiction with rapid detox,which was no walk in the park but I dealt with the sickness.Problem is now I just startred on oxycotin again,been on them for 2 wks now at 80mg a day.Now this dose is just sustaining me.I know the sooner I get out the easier!!I have to taper down at home and then I know I will have withdrwl symptoms.In the past after a 4yr oxycotin addiction I unsuccessfully tried to quit,the sickness was too much!!So being that I have only been on 80mg oxycotin for 2wks now I must get out now!!!Problem is I have no clue how I should taper off and also for how long,I'm thinking a week since I have only been back on for 2wks.Also I am hopeful the withdrwl will not be so severe tapering off and because I have not been back on for a long period of time.I just don't know how to do it and would really love suggestions!!Also any input or opinion as to how long withdrwl after the taper would be would be greatly appreciated!!I have to start the taper in the morning so yor input asap would really help!!thanks Sydney
Honey you posted on a thread from 2001.. you should scrool down and click back to forum. then click post a new question so curent members will see your post..alot of people skip over the posts with old start dates. And its very late so most people will not be on til morning.. so if you don't get a response please read in the morning after people have gotten up..
Thanks I figured that out and did that hope to get helpful responses in am.
Hi: I am a mother . My son is addicted to oxycoten.I wonder if there is anyone else out there that can help me. I need help in trying to help him. This is very hard on me and cant accept the fact that maybe something else will happen to him.His addiction started with an injury and i feel he is a victim of the medical practice. I am sure there are lots of others out there like that. I need advice and help . Would like to hear from others that are in the same boat. Thankyou.
Congratulations Chad!  Well Done.  You give hope and inspiration to those that are battling with this horrible addiction to Oxycodone.  I am in love with someone that is battling the withdrawals.  He is now in day 6 and has been suffering a great deal. He actually told me yesterday that he wished he had some!!!  I can only imagine that being in great pain and needing pain medication is in no way fun but from everything I am reading about these EVIL Oxycodones they are not the answer.  Anything that makes your body feel like that once you stop cannot be good.  Nor the harmful effects it has so many organs ie., brain, kidney, lungs and liver.  He actually had been snorting them for the past year or so!  That really shocked me!  And I think a really bad sign.  I have been giving him lots of fluids, light protein meals and epsom salt baths.  We may go to the E.R. this morning so they can give him something else from the pain.  I just pray that he has the strength to get off of these things for good!  I am trying so hard to help him!
Good luck to you dear.  My heart goes out to you.  It is so scary to be so worried about someone relapsing.   I think that pain is very real but there has to be a safe way for people to manage/relieve it without it wiping out their whole world ie., relationships, jobs, finances, criminal charges to get their hands on it, etc.  I pray my fiancee can get off of the Oxycodones.  He ended up starting to snort them for he past year I had come to find out.  He is starting 6th day withdrawal now and it is horrible.  Many blessings and love.