Worried ... sister 32 weeks pregnant on oxys /loratabs....
my sister is currently 32 weeks pregnant and taking loratabs and Roxys. Shes tried cutting back and she has alot. She used to take 120-200mg a day, and is now down to 30- 60 mg aday. My question is ...what can she do to not go into labor with these in system or withdrawls in baby? We are afraid she will go into preterm labor if qiuts, or if she continues that the baby will have withdrawls. And will they take baby away just like that if it is? How does it all happen and work??? and even if hse quits will it still show in newborn....shes a good mother , dosent drink or smoke , just got herself addicted to these stupid pills and scared she doesnt know how to stop....SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!
Does a doctor perscribe this medication?  Does her gyn doctor know she takes the pain meds?  If she has a baby that is addicted to medication they have to know so they can be ready for the complications.  If she is a "good" mother she better get honest with the doctors if she doesnt want to get clean now.  If she wants to get clean we can help her, Please have her read some posts and post herself.  
You might want to go to a NA  alanon meeting.
SHE HAS TO TELL HER OBGYN....She needs to be honest with her doctor and they will figure out what will be the best way to proceed ...Its when you DONT tell the doctor and the baby is born addicted that you have a far higher risk of dss being call.We have never had a mother come in here after they told there doctor get there child removed that have have ever heard of ..dss does not want to take babys from there mother they do everything they can to prevent that .however if you dont tell the doctor not only will he not be ready if something is wrong with the baby (which should be the main concern here)but I can gertnee then that dss will be in called.many states are testing babys now when they are bron you dont want the hosptil ninding out that way ....Talk to her go with her if she needs support but make she she tells her doctor .good luck let us know how things go
avis
Read what Avisg wrote, over and over and over!  She gave you the greatest advice.

Also, the questions you're asking can only be answered by the doctor caring for your sister.  He/she MUST know what's going on.  In addition,you all need to know that hospitals routinely do drug screens on all Moms presenting to them in labor. It's a standard of practice. They don't want any surprises.   If Moms test pos. for opiates,street drugs,etc...CPS will get called automatically and WILL investigate. Try to head this off...talk to your sister and get her on board with her Dr.  I'm reinforcing Avis' post here because this is serious.  Good luck~                 V.