Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Xanax & Methadone?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Xanax & Methadone?

Hi, haven't been here in a while...but I'm back now.

I have a question:  What happens when you are taking Xanax with Methadone?

Also does anyone know the best way to detox using methadone?
Also, concerning the Thomas Recipie, how much valium or xanax do you need to start off with?  It says enough to produce sleep, but we didn't get it from a dr. so we don't really have the proper info and you all are our best hope.

Avatar n tn
they are blue.  1 won't be enough to make him sleepy he says.  He doesn't even think 4 will make him feel sleepy.  The pills are 1 mg.

The thomas recipe I found on this site tells you to start off with a dose high enough to produce sleep.
Avatar n tn
Try one xanax at first.  Usually one will do the trick for me except in cases of extreme anxiety.  Are they blue or peach?
hey there.. are you still trying to work with your BF to get him off the drugs??  

I would start off the xanax with one.. wait an hour see how its feels.. I would look up info on how much is safe to take in a day..

as far as weaning off methodone.. should be a taper like any other opiate..
Avatar n tn
Hey Thelida,

I have been on xanax for years. I would not take four of them. Like the others said start with one and wait an hour. I would take two at the most. They do come in 2  milligram form. It is a white pill shaped like  a bar and they are referred to as "tombstones"...that should tell you something. Two milligrams would probably knock his a** out. I take xanax when I run out of percs and it does help with withdrawals a little bit. At least you can sleep a little of it off.  
Avatar n tn
I don't think I would take 4! I used to take xanax a lot (1mg) and 2 would always kick my butt, however, everyone is different.  I just would worry about taking too much.  Remember, you can always take more but once they are in your system, you can't take less.
Take care!
Avatar n tn
the 2mg will knock you out in about an hour and a half to two for sure,  do not do more after one hour if you don't feel anything. I have been tapering off norco about 30 a day, so crazy stuff, I went down to 8, 7, 6 today zero and the days are tough but whatever...tough luck...this is what we get for making dumb moves in live, we'll all live through it, I promise you that guys, all the best. Lastly, I am going to consume some alcohol tomorrow, a friends birthday, is that any problem? Although i am feeling good already....
this is an old post, back from march...these people are no longer here.
alcohol will only lower your inhabitions,and can bring you back to your drug of choice,why take that chance