Xanax and Methadone
13 days ago I stopped taking 180 mg of oxycodone and started take 30 mg of methadone which i tappered down to 5 mg. I took my last dose 39 hours ago. My fiance just left me 5 days ago and I am severly depressed can i take xanax?
And what did your doctor say?
My doctor did not prescribe me the methadone or the oxy's I stupidly bought them off the street. The xanax are prescribed! I have not taken methadone in 39 hours.
You will have to call the doctor and tell him what you were taking and ask him if it is okay.  We cant and wont give you the info you are looking for.  We will help you get thru this emotionally.......sara
thank you.
Xanax is a quick fix for anxiety, not depression. It is a benzodiazepine and is addictive. If you take it over a long period of time, you will have to taper and withdrawal......hylands makes a great product called Calms Forte that can help with anxiety and depression. I also recommend 5HTP for depression. Be careful with those benzos, you don't want another addiction on your hands.
The products I recommended are all natural- best way to go.