Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
You can switch to Subutex from a Methadone dose above 30 mg Daily.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I was on 100mg daily for a little over 2 years. The key is holding out for as long as you can before your first dose!! I got a wild hair and took my first 2 mg dose only after 24 housrs. Way to quick for a 100mg MMT habbit. I sent me into the worst depths of hell for aprox. 12 hours. The only way to describe it was like being on day 4 of Heroin detox , you know deep in the mix of pure **** and having a awful acid flashback at the same time! My Auditory senses were all out of wack I was hallucinating and hearing distorted sounds almost demonic! I had never had any such experience like it EVER! But I made it . It did take me 2 weeks to FEEL DESCENT ENOUGH TO EVEN DRIVE A CAR BUT i MADE IT. Also if you get take home at your local MMT clinic THROW all of them away. You must keep in mind at all times that you wanta change. Think of your kids faces, your wife, parents anything to help you remain confident to the fact that you can and will overcome this poison. I have been on subutex now for 3 months strong and starting to taper off with no problems. Dont let these other fools talk down about Subutex its the METHADONE that should be talked bad about that stuff is just EVIL. Keep all this info close to heart and you will be able to refrain from further Methadone use. I ASSURE you.
-James M.
subutex should not have put you in to withdrawals cuz subutex dont have an opiate blocker in it.  are you sure you didnt mean suboxone?
Yes that is what he means.
thats what i thought. cuz im on 65mg of methodone now and im going to my doctor this week (hopfuly) and he said hes gona put me on SUBUTEX and since theres no blocker in it i can start the SUBUTEX the day i get it. he said i wont have to wait and get sick to take it or anything..im excited about getn off methodone cuz i been on it for 4 years
Good for you C. Meth sucks. You will find Sub. much better and less intrusive on the body.
I was on methadone for 4 yrs ended at 350 mlg I called my clinc to tell them i just couldnt take it any more not when it took an hour to drink it they told me to come and get a increase of 20  no thanks i quit cold they wouldnt give me any thing to help told i could not leave program i did 3 months ago withdrawl (withdrawal) was 7 weeks of hell! and the pill cravings are back as well methadone works but they need to get people off sooner!
Hello. New here. Just researching my exit strategy. Have been on meth 7 mnths now and am looking for a way out. Thankfully it looks like the sub's may work fro what i've read from many dozens of accounts. The question is: how to get a doctor to assist in this switch. Once I make the switch will I be functional? Finally how long do you have to stay on subs until you can get off them? I know it varies but..... how long? Thanks in advance for responding
Hey everyone. I have been on methadone for about a year and a half. Originally I was going on it to stop using heroin, and was going to do a 6 month supervised detox. I ended up getting pregnant and staying on, and wasn't informed how bad the baby could have it until I asked to speak with my hospitals NICU doctors. Luckily my son was born with no withdrawal symptoms and I was at 150mg. I knew I would be losing my health insurance (it paid for the methadone ) so I started to taper. Once I lost That insurance I was able to go my parents because I am a full-time student. This insurance doesnt cover methadone so I have been self paying 125$ a week. I'm down to 37 and went to get suboxone or subutex. I luckily got subutex and both the doctor and pharmacist told me I could start it the next day (I had taken methadone the day I got them). Has anyone had a different experience? I just don't wanna be sick with a 6 month old . Thanks!
You must wait til you're at least on day 3 of withdrawls from the methadone to switch to either subutex or suboxone. Believe me I know. I've been on mmt for a year now at 70mg a day. Yesterday was my first dose of subutex, I thought it wouldn't make me sick either, boy oh boy was I effing wrong. I was on day 3 of detoxing from the methadone, and my metabolism is fast so I thought I would be good taking it. Nope. Man please whatever you do, do not take subutex or suboxone unless you are absolutely positive that the methadone is completely out of your system. Seriously I cannot tell you enoough, you will go into way worse withdrawls that is constant effing pain undescribable, combined with what feels like a horrible bad acid trip. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
i myself am trying to switch from methadone to subutex. im cutting down my meth 2.5mls a day, is this ok? im only on 25ml a day now. any help or advice from anyone would be great. thankyou. steve.
hi  mate, im from u.k.  since  the gear has  just gone to crap..? and  has now for 2 years,,  it rare to get any good gear,,  im taking about 10mils of methadone,daily, if i take gear for a day or 2. then goto subatex do u think ill be ok.. ill can drop fast with subatex, after the first  week,  but i just dont want instant rattle withdrawral,??  all stuff i ve got is what is left over when i was on a doctor  perscript...  so have a small supply of 2 mg`s subby`s and 0.4 mils...  wot do u think, mate...
I am on methadone for the second time. I have been on it about two months and I'm on 80 mgs. The only reason I got back on it is because I was waiting for my suboxone doctor appointment, and I was so sick and I couldn't wait that long, so I decided to go to the clinic until my appointment. I know I shouldn't have gone all the way up to 85mgs if I was planning on switching to subs, but mistakingly, I did not do my research. I now know your suppose to be at 30 mgs or below before you switch. Anyways, today was my last day at the clinic, I have no choice but to walk off at 85 mgs. My question is, how long should I wait until I take my first suboxone? I know your suppose to be in full blown withdrawl (withdrawal), or you will go into precipitated withdrawl (withdrawal) if you take it too soon. I have done that once before and it was horrible. I did the switch a few years back, but I used in between for like two weeks then started the subs, I can.t do that this time. I want to be absolutely sure all the methadone is out of my system. Last time I waited four days, took a quarter or an   8 mg, and ten minutes later I was in full blown withdrawl (withdrawal) puking my guts out. I would rather just be sick for a few days longer than deal with that again. So how long until the methadone is absolutely one hundred percent out of my system. Once again, I am on 85 mgs. Please help