Zanaflex (tizanadine)
Anyone know about this stuff? I just had a baby and my doc gave it to me for my back. I just wanna know if it will make me tired or drowsy before I take it.
I take it.. it may make you drowsy.. it didn't me but i have a high tolerance to stuff like that.
It does make me a bit drowsy, However I think it works very well.
Avis
Yeah I went ahead and took one. It didn't make me drowsy but it definitly helped my back. Thanks for the advice!
It by far has worked better for me them any other muscle relaxer.
Avis
How does this compare to soma 350, Which I use to take and found them to be addicting and dangerous. I stopped taking them when I suffered a blackout. Soma has an old tranquilizer in it called Miltown which if you look up is highly addicting. When combined with hydrocodone creates an intense high. Thats all in the past since I went to a real pain management. And got on the proper treatment- 1 year later and surgury in on sub/nx,
It is a very strong muscle relaxant..Its also time released. They knock me off my a** and I can handle most pills.
I can hardly take 1/2 a tablet and it knocks me out!!! Last night I took a whole and the next thing I knew it was midnight and I was zonked out on the couch.  This is the best muscle relaxer I have found, the only other 1 I take occasionally is flexeril(cyclobenzaprine) which works when I don't want to fall over at work.  Everyone's body reacts differently to it.
I find for me it works much better than soma I never found they helped me that much. I also take Flexiril sometimes. The zanaflex takes a little while to kick in but lasts a long time. so sometimes if i can't wait for the zanaflex to kick in i take the flexiril, like at work.  Neither of them make me drowsy but i have always had a high tolerance for stuff like that as far as drowsiness.