Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Zofran blocks opinoid withdrawl(withdrawal)?
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Zofran blocks opinoid withdrawl(withdrawal)?

"DoseNation" article states zofran a common antiemetic (nausea) might help block opinoid withdrawl (withdrawal).

"Naltrexone Therapy for Heroin Addiction, Alcohol Addiction, Immune Disorders and HIV ";  Naltrexone produces an increase in the level of endorphins ect........... You can read about these if you search on the words in parenthesis.

One of my Dr.s' agreed today to put me on Naltrexone to see if it will help eleminate the cravings.  I was rather surprised that he didn't seem to flinch at the idea, I think as long as it was non-addictive helped lol   Anyway my little red neck town I live in !!!  the pharmacy here has to order it in tomorrow a.m.   I was just sure that he wouldn't do it for me because others on the web had said that their Dr.s' wouldn't do it for them.    I am figureing that I could try it for a few months as I don't have much else to do in the way of helping myself.  Perhaps others on here have tried it before? If so I would like to know what your thoughts are about Naltrexone.
Thanks,
Ella