Zoloft
I have been taking zoloft 10mg or sometimes 20mg. I would like to stop taking zoloft cold turkey. Is this a good idea? I've gained so much weight. Does zoloft make you gain weight?
I have taken Zoloft in the past and am back on it now.  With this type of medicaiton, I suggest talking to your doctor about discontinuing it.  It should be discontinued slowly over time, especially depending on the length of time you have been on it.

My doctor recently prescribed Zoloft 25mg for me, then going up to 50mg. I am so scared of taking it but its really affecting my life. I was diagnosed with depression/anxiety/panic attacks. Its hard for me to go anywhere because i shake and get nervous all the time. I get lightheaded and almost freak out. I force myself to go out, and when i get home i am always nauseated and have a headache from the experience. I feel like crap the rest of the day. I have 3 younger kids that are now out of school and want to go places. I am afraid to leave, but i go to suffer. I want to get better so bad. I am so scared to swallow this pill...any insight? All i read is BAD things about it. Where is the good?
dtsambasis~

Hi~ Go ahead and take the Zoloft. You have a doctor so IF you feel anything "funny" you can call him/her.  It's a good drug. I've taken one similar and it helped a great deal.
It takes about a week to build up blood levels so get on it and don't worry!  You won't actually "feel" it but you'll notice a difference in your mood. Those around you may be the first to notice a difference in you. It's action is very subtle.

You posted here on an old post. You may want to start a new post of your own. Click on the green "post a question" button.

Vicki
it can..any AD can have the effect of weight gain or weight loss depending
It is not usually recommended to ct off of an AD...tapering down is usually the safest way to go..ask ur dr