Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
a normies adventure with vicadin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

a normies adventure with vicadin

well from my post yesterday you know im on day 4 of recovery from a horrendous harley crash.the pain is still horrid and the stiffness has come on strong.i get such relief and some sleep from my meds that I AM tempted to increase, in the past (im 50) you can count on one hand how many pills i have taken. im dosing like the doc says 2 50/350 vics, then6 hours later 1 50/350 vic. now this is what is happening to me, SCRATCH,SCRATCH,SCRATCH.......AND IT FEELS SO GOOD, but not just where im injured, ANYWHERE,face chest,anywhere! is like i have this scratch fetish, then also on ocassion maybe 2-3 times a day or nite..........."JOLT", LIKE A ELECTRIC SHOCK HUMS THRU ME,  the first times i actually though someone was doing it and looked next to the couch which has become my home.........STRANGE,  is this all normal stuff? i cant remember my ex wife scrathing much when she was doing 4-5 80's of oxy a day and anything else she could get her hands on, i do remember the leg jumps, the crappy sex, the dope sickness, the mood swings........but not the scratching like i have.........enlighten me please, jim
i've never heard of that.  ok - this is going to sound weird but... have you been able to shower?  last week, i didn't shower for like 2-3 day (gross, i know) because my back hurt so bad.  i was itching everywhere!!  finally, i put the 2 together and realized that's why i was itching!!!!

as for the zaps, the only thing that ever did that to me was Cymbalta which i tried for nerve pain... once that happened, i quit taking them.

i doubt this helped - sorry!!!
vicodin makes you itch like crazy! thats a perfectly normal side effect, but maybe you are taking a little bit too much.  ive only seen that in people who take it with the intension of a euphoric response.

be careful, as opiates are the most addictive type of drug known to man, and a lifetime of withdrawals isn't worth some fleeting pleasure.
yes i actually showered today,that was a ***** by the way.........but the itching reminds me of the time i stole one of my ex;s subs and did like 2mgs just to see,it knocked me flat and i remember itching my face alot.......JIM
I used to get really itchy when I first starting taking narcotics.. this is normal and actually one of the listed side effects.. some people who get super itchy are actually allergic to the meds.. try some bendryl it should help..
I can't stand the way Vicoden or Percocets make me feel.  Nauseous and dizzy.  I try never to take them if I can help it.  And I still have pain, plus the nausea and dizziness as a bonus.  

Even Ultrams do the same thing.