Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
abilify?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

abilify?

hey anyone heard of addiction or abuse of abilify? its an anti-psycotic ive recently been put on and im scared, as everyday medicines seem to get me. (no more phenobarbital btw) Id appreciate info.
Tags: Abilify
i'm sorry ... don't know anything about it.... i am responding to bump you up and have you tried maybe googling it to see... i always like to hear from people though... so hopefully someone will come along that knows something about it! all i know is i have seen commercials for it...lol

good luck to you!
my sister was just put on it about a month ago for (severe) bi-polar disorder/psychosis, and the change in her has been dramatic.

i'm not endorsing it since i don't know much, i can only tell you i got my sister back.

i know every drug is different on different people...

make sure you have a great doctor.

good luck to you...
mj
Abilfy made me really anxious, restlessness was throught the roof I couldn't sit still!  I had worse panic attacks and I lost a depressive amount of weight in a very short period of time, it made me absolutely insane.  I had to take benedryll for 1 week at max doses and sometimes overdosed because I was so anxious, I did pushups in my doctors office because I couldn't sit still.  I obviously reacted terribly to the drug, how are you doing on it?
There is no 'high' with abilify so I think you are safe. I take it for bipolar disorder. If you were to take more than you needed you would make yourself sick but not high because each dosage increase often causes side effects like nausea and constipation.

Your brain will get used to the drug and discontinuing it will cause certain symptoms. But it isn't addiction. It is just your brain complaining because you are altaring its chemistry.

So I think you are okay. But my suggestion is to ask your pharmacist. Just give them a call on the telephone, you don't even have to go in. They have uber years of training in medications and their side effects. More knowledgable than the doctors I find, and they will dispense advice for free (at least mine does) if you get your meds filled there.
Abilify is terrible if you have a high heart rate already. That'll probably send the odd insomiatic person through the roof. I take 10mg with 250/500mg depakote. It's advised only to be taken in the morning after breakfest.and to do so light exercise or meditation to help burn down that excessive energy as your mind and body tries to draw focus earlier on the day rather then later.

I admittedly had to take zoplicone for like 2 months when i first got put on abilify. But Valerian works wonders too and you can get that cheap & strong at any chinese tea store in the form of sleep tea. I'd blend it with a honey & camonile tea for flavour.

As for addiction, its difficult to get off the abilify the withdrawls are intense despite there being no "high" thumbs down to that guy. This is a serious med, we'll have recreation time on it like the average person would(art/music etc not limping infront of a tele giggling)

Yours sincerely JMP ( A "sufferer" of Bipolar, Epilepsy & possibly aspergers, i got tested but they werent too impressed with my social skills being higher then the average asperger). Pardon my poor spelling, I'm british and some words aren't in this spell check.