Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
adderall and clonazepam together

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

adderall and clonazepam together

if adderall (adderrall) is a stimulant and clonazepam is a benzo, why does dr. have me on both? are they compatible?
Dodie~  Did you question the doctor on this?  Pharmacist?   That would be the thing to do...
It depends on what the Klonopin was prescribed for. If you need Adderal for ADD, Fibro, Naro, etc and still suffer from anxiety then this might be a good combo for you. I am on 30mg Adderal a day with a script for 1mg Xanex 3 times daily or as needed. For me, I have had the same xanex bottle for some time as Adderal has reduced my anxiety. My boyfriend however gets extremely anxious esp while the adderal is setting in, and taking it wouldn't be possible without a mild downer. His perfect combo has been 10mg Adderal in the morning with a .5 Klonopin. He gets the benefit of Adderal without some of the annoying side effects such as racing heart, jittery feeling, or general feeling of unease. Also with Klonopin as opposed to xanex he doesn't get that "fog" some complain about when on the combo. Klonopin is mild and lasts longer while xanex hits much harder but wears off faster. In our experience, depending on what the drugs have been prescribed for truly one of if not the most important thing is first getting the meds you need or course but once you do that finding the right dosage...that, is the key. Wish you the best of luck....BTW I am NOT a Dr and only share my experience, any changes in meds, doses, etc should always go through your Dr.:-)