Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
addicted

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

addicted

i need help ive been on vicodin for 3yrs n im ready to get off. im 26 n i have a lil girl im scared to go cold turkey but i need advice. n i also might be prego so i need help fast. also im afraid to take the blood work test becuase im scared i might have something wrong. i dont feel sick or anything just guilty. if someone could help that would be great.
I am sorry that you are scared but if you are ready for your life to change for the better then that is great. just imo the best thing to do now if find a doctor and let him know of the problems, they will help you especially if you r preg. Certin things like going cold turkey are not recommended if you are pregnant. Your doctor can help you come up with a taper plan that is safe for you and the baby. I wish you the best of luck and let us know how things go :)
u think if i tell a doctor they can turn me in. cuz i dont always get a perscription for it. thats how bad i need them but ive ever took more then 10a day. n i can go pretty long with out needing one. i dont think i need it i do it cuz i have them. does that make sence. i never feel sick i just do them to doo them.
The doctor won't turn you in-I've been there. I always kept a script bottle with my name on it close to me though because I lived in fear like you...if you are worried about the vicodin harming your unborn child, put your mind at ease . I was prescribed vicodin while pregnant for a kidney stone. But that isn't a free pass to keep going at the rate you are. Go to the doctor and tell him/her what is going on so they can help you and the baby. You will feel so much better with help in place. Get your life back before the baby comes.
so i am prego n im hoping to get off of these damn pills. i feel so sick i am 6 weeks prego n i have to tell my doctor im scared to tell him like he will turn me in or take the baby . what should i say cuz i dont have a rx for them.
HI.....from the date of your first post I can see this has been an ongoing problem
you need to tell your obgyn right away there is a chance they can still detox you safely b/4 your any farther along it will be up to the doctor DONT DETOX ON YOUR OWN YOU COULD RISK YOUR BABYS HEALTH the doctors will know what to do please seek professional help where all about home detoxes but when your prego that changes everything good luck and God bless......Gnarly