Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
addiction & surgery

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

addiction & surgery

i have been here a few months ago but i couldnt kick the habit. i was takin them because im addicted but also because i have pain when i walk, from surgery to my foot i had last year. i want to get off but now i am scheduled for another surgery to my foot/ankle/heel. ive been taking illegally because my doctor says he scared to prescribe me pain pills because im at a young ate and its addictive. well im already addicted.  is the opiates in my system going to prevent the doctor from continuing with the surgery, after they take my blood for pre-op? i need to teel him i am addicted right? if so am i going to have to just deal with the pain after surgery? he says it will be 6 months till im healed.
I would definitely talk to your doctor before the surgery.  This will also help you because it will make him pause before giving you strong narcotics long term because of your addiction.  This would be a good thing.  He will find out on his own when they test your blood and he will be less likely to help you after surgery because you were not honest with him.  Think about it and let us know what you decide to do.

Praying for you-
Overeasy