aftercare question
I just read all the posts about aftercare and I could not agree more.  I have detoxed from vicodin three times...staying off for 6 months the first time and then about 3 months each subsequent time but never got aftercare or ever really ever told anyone.  no wonder I always went back.  I am on day 8 but I have all ready seen a drug counselor and i have an appt with the addiction md today.  I am lucky because my medical plan covers an entire year long additcion program where I can see the counselor and doc once a week and get tested twice a week plus group meetings.  Here is my question...I have a 6 and 3 year old and I work a full time job.  My job is pretty demanding..I have to work weekends and long hours but my kids are also demanding and being a great mom is my biggest priority (that goes hand in hand with staying clean).  I am trying to figure out a way to balance work (wish that could go to the bankburner but for obvious reasons...money, it cannot), my children and meetings.  How often do most o you attend meetings?  The program through my medical program has meetings from 9:30-12:30 mon-fri and 6:30-8pm Mon-Thur.  THey want you to attend 5 (but a minimum of 3) of those each week plus the weekly counselor visits.  I want to do whatever I have to do to get and stay better but I am freakin out a little bit about how to balance this.  Plus, I know that I need daily exercise to combat the depression, feel good and stay clean.  It almost feels like I would have to seriously cut back at my job or get a nanny.  Neither is really feasible for me.  My son is in pre-school but not 5 days a week and my daughter just started kindergarten and I try to volunteer there and be as involved as possible.  Just wondering what any of your thoughts are on this.  Getting clean and healthy is my number one priority but it ranks equla with my children...I also thought I might go to NA meetings in the area.  How often do most of you attend those?
I go to at least 2 a week.  One of the wives whose husband is in the program will take some of the kids to her house so people can attend their meeting.  It really works well for the one parent families.  She is providing a life saving service to those who need it.  Go to a meeting and ask around and see what others are doing.  Maybe they have something like that in your area........sara
thank you...if there were some sort of care service for kids that would be a life saver for me.  Not sure if you recall but my husband and I are trying to get clean so that means we each need to find enough time to make it to enough meetings and at the care facility we are not allowed to attend any together.  Thought we might go to NA together.  Has 2 per week been enough for you?  How long is a typical NA meeting?