Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
alcohol issues

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

alcohol issues

Hey guys..
I have been having a very bad reaction to alcohol all day. I am a weekend drinking, not always binge drinking, but yesterday I was at a day festival, and then went out, so I did drink rather alot. Today, I had a strange hangover and i'm still having it.
I woke up feeling like my throught was being squeezed, then,that went away, to be replaced with a fast heart rate, that went away, and now my chest feels tight. I know that this is prob anxiety, but I am still a bit worried as it's 4am here (I'm in the UK) and it's been over 24 hours i've been feeling like this now.

I wondered, if anyone else suffers with bad anxiety whilst having a hangover? the fast heart rate? and chest tightness? and, how do they resolve it? I have had a panic attack where I thought I was having a heart attack and called an ambulance... though my panic attacks are lessening, the anxiety comes back sometimes when I have a hangover.

any advice would be great.

I am worried about the tightness in my chest, though I seem to be breathing ok, and my hearts normal-so I'm guessing it's no heart attack, just anxiety?

I see this is your 3rd thread on this.......I am not sure what advice you are asking for.  We have all told you to go to the doctor if you are having trouble....we have also mentioned not drinking anymore.  Maybe i am the wrong person to be answering this as i am a recovering alcoholic and i dont understand why you are drinking when you have anxiety and all these problems.........Hope you get checked out       sara
Hi Sarah,

I have just seen-I actually meant to post this in a forum just for alchol, sorry.
Advice I'm asking for is why would alcohol lead to such terrible anxiety the next day. Did u ever experience the same feeling after drinking?
I'm glad that you are recovering and I hope you continue to do so :)  yes i'll def get checked out=)it's 4 am here so the surgery isn't open for a while yet.

Hi Sarah
just a quick note to say I posted this in the right forum now =)
No i never did experience the anxiety part of when i was drinking......just the hangovers!!!  Just make sure you get yourself checked out if you are having tightness in the chest........better to be safe than sorry....