Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
almost 2 weeks now..

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

almost 2 weeks now..

its been almost 2 weeks now since i started to ween myself off of pain meds..im doing great..went from 160mg or more down to 30mg..now i can go all day without taking one..i been up since 6 am and its 1230 and im still good..my sleep is still so messed up and that seems to be the worst for me being up alone,also the mental aspect of it is still tuff,very tuff at times,but im working through it..my goal is to ust not take any at all..the pills have controled my life for way to long,almost lost my wife and family because of it..i will never let it happen again..sometimes i wonder if the mental issuse will ever end,i never suffered from depression before this..but im keeping positve and trying to keep busy..if i can do it there is hope for everyone,i have the worst addictive personality ever and it was very hard,still is but now i know i can do it..i thank god everyday i found this site and the people on it..people that i never even knew,trying to help with advise and encouragement,you all are a blessing...im still tempted to go to my doctor to see about antidepressants but i really dont want to take anymore pills,thats how it all started for me....so i am still just working through it..i know thigns will get better...
yep
Hi Polish
You are doing fantastic.  
Sleep unfortunately is the last thing that seems to return to normal and I am fighting that battle myself.  It's best to just try and relax and accept it rather than toss and turn in bed.  That gets so frustrating.
I also was very depressed this last time detoxing from oxy.  It really hit me hard and I know how lonely it can feel.
It does get better though.  I have had a little set back with the depression but I was feeling better for awhile.  
Hang in there and remember the pills can sneak up on you, so keep your guard up.  It's easy to slip back into using again.
Keep posting and updating us on your great progress.
Pat
Me to I've been waking up so early sometimes even at 5 AM or 430...im like wow...to early.
You are doing soo well!!!!!! Keep up the hard work, because it is hard, not easy,,,but that makes it even more worthwhile!!! Im am in withdrawals over methadone....i deal with bouts of depression too now (and i dont get depressed), and i average 3, maybe 4 hours of sleep a night, lost almost 15 lbs in 3 weeks....but i have just accepted it. It is what it is and I cant make myself sleep, i cant make myself have a appetite, either. it will get better though....its always dusk before dawn....so hang in there, keep posting.