amitriptyline and Insomia
I've taken 1-75mg Amitriptyline for 20 yrs. at night for pain.  From day one I have had Insomia and had to take Ambien or now, one day Ambien, two days Unisom.  It's been 7 months. I'm now going to a Sleep Disorder Dr. and
will be going in for a sleep test in two days.  The reason I'm getting off this medication is it now caused Insomia and
Restless leg syndrum.  I'm not very positive on the doctor helping me.  She's looking for other things.  I tried getting
off Amitriptyline once before, with the same results.  Went back on it.  I feel my body wants a stronger does.  That's
why I'm trying to get off.  Does anyone have any idea how long this will last?  It may not be worth me doing this, but
I'm trying. I had no idea back when I took this medication, it would do this.  I have found in my 72 years, to be very
careful what medication you take.