Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
amitriptyline withdrawl(withdrawal)

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

amitriptyline withdrawl(withdrawal)

I have been taking 100mg of amitriptyline and 50 mg of zoloft an day for a year. I am pregnant and must stop my the zoloft immediatley (sp?) and the amitriptyline in 6 days, 50mg a night for first 3, then 25 next three, then none. should I be expecting severe withdrawl (withdrawal)?
Hi, Congrats on the pregnancy!!

There's really no way to tell how withdrawl (withdrawal) will effect someone because everyones different. Especially on a taper.
Make sure you do it the way your docs want you to and follow all their instructions. Are they the ones tapering you down with their plan?

Since the taper if quick you most likely will feel so unpleasant side effects from your body not having the meds anymore. But with the taper it shouldn't be full force withdrawls.
And if your docs are doing the taper plan there going to make sure your safe on it. Just make sure that if anything your uncomfortable with happens that you call your doc right away so that they can help you. There can be some pretty nasty withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms but even with a quick taper you may be able to get through without having any of them other than annoying disturbances.

You can always call tomorrow and ask what you should expect before the weekend starts.Especially since you sound really anxious about it which I def understand, especially your being pregnant. They'll know better than any of us I'm sure.

You can also check out the depression and anxiety forums. They may have alot more info on what to expect.

I hope it's an easy few days for you. Just think about how wonderful it will be to meet your baby if you have some rough hours!
Amph
thanks, good advice.