Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
amphetamine age

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

amphetamine age

Hi ppl. I've been on amphetamine since I was 14. I'm 28 this month. That's half of my life. I've been working hard the past 12 months to gain funding for rehab. I'm curious if anyone else has a similar story to me and even more curious to know whether life can actually feel worth living ever again..
Its been quite awhile....as long ago as you are old! .... but I can testify that there is indeed life after speed. Its not a rapid change - many expect it to be like flipping a light switch - but in reality its much more like a dimmer switch. The changes will occur and the old life that you sort of remember will return once again. You cant use the speed your entire life or that life will be short indeed. Keep posting here for support and keep a positive mental image. I am personally a great fan of amino acids and vitamins. Amphetamine in particular takes a lot out of your body. Good info on the amino acid protocols in the MedHelp archives - or simply put amino acid protocols in the search engine and have some good reading. Keep p[osting for support....
I am sorry... Are you saying Amphetamine, like Crystal Meth? Or Opiates? I can relate with you on opiates...even though I do believe all of us addicts can relate in some sort of way since our addiction usually takes over our lives and we lose everything. I will go to your profile and add you as a friend, you will just have to accept it.

I think we all can help eachother out on here... This place is pretty much my aftercare. I am so busy with other stuff, but I make sure I get on here and read and post to help me with support. I have been clean 30 days and I am FINALLY getting my energy back and feeling like my "old" self. Any drug takes a lot out on your body and it takes time to feel "normal" again..

Im here if you would like to talk.

Hang in there and BE STRONG!!!!!!

Tonya
Are you referring to meth or ADD drugs like ritalin or adderall (adderrall)?
Firstly, congratulations on wanting to get off drugs

Life is definitely worth living – I have been clean for 2.5 months after a cocaine problem and my life is starting to take shape again.

I’m not sure where you are based but there must be a support group that you can turn to for help? I have been seeing a support worker for the past month and it’s helping to understand why I take drugs and how to avoid them.  This may not be as beneficial as rehab but it can really help.
I
used to take amphetamines (speed) when I went clubbing and can appreciate how bad the come downs are.

There are lots of people here who can help you so keep visiting this site.

Well its not crystal meph because that's a harder drug but its not a proscribed drug either. We refer to it as speed/whiz and the stronger stuff as base or paste. I have a support group. Been involved with them for over two years now. Had my final rehab assesment today and it looks like I'll be in within a month. Its been a long time comin believe me. I just want my life back.. Thanks for the above replies btw. Glad I posted now :)
Gonna look up amino acids now. Thank you
Congrats to you in your recovery.