Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
antibiotics and opiate withdrawl(withdrawal)

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

is it good or bad to take antibiotics while going through opiate withdrawl (withdrawal)?
it is bad if there is no infection at all... you will not feel better and you will  make future infections harder to fight because you are taking antibiotics without reason for.... you might find some advices on the health pages, the thomas recipe ... some natural remedies to alleviate a bit the several symptoms but, please, don't waste your immune system by taking antibiotics unless you have been prescribed them by your doctor .
Our you taking them for an infection or ? Like Laurel said if you are under a doctors care then I don't see a problem . But as far as I know they will do nothing for withdrawals .. Take care Jimmy
You have to take antibiotics if you have an infection and it won't affect going off of the other drugs. I always ask my pharmacist for information when I have a prescription. Try asking your pharmacist all the time.
Sorry I posted the last comment to the wrong jim
Thanks for the responses,and sorry it took me so long to respond back. The last four days have been hell with W/D's I went cold turkey seven day ago from Fentynal 50's and 6 to 10 percs a day (10/325) for the last 13 years. The antibiotics was from a severe toe infection and I was afraid that it might interfere with my W/D's. I thought after a week I would feel better, eccept the W/D's are just picking up steam Does anyone know when this will subside? I'm abought ready to throw in the towel! Can someone PLEASE give me some advise? Thanks IndianJim..........
I was  prescribed antibiotics for a toe infection, it just so happened that i went cold turkey from fentynol patches 50's & 10/325 percs the day before my doctor gave me anibiotics for the infection. I was worried that there might be complications. and I thank you for your response. I'm on my seventh day clean and was just a little concerned. Thanks Laurel......
I hope they don't interfere as I am on them also for bronchitis and fever. I am on day 6 off Percs. We have double whammies going on here. We will get thru this. Sobriety first as they say. Hang in there!
Thanks TiredinTempe, how long and how many percs where you taking before you decided to get sober? And congrat's on your six day's! we are right there together I know what your going through. This is a wonderful site, and alot of good people on here. Stay with me I know we can get through this.
I am reposting this because I dont know if you saw my post, I forgot to address it to you.(TiredinTempe). I wanted to thank you for your kind words, and to ask you how long and how many percs where you taking before you decided to get sober? If you dont mind me asking! And congrat's on your six day's!we are right there together, and I know what you are going through. This is a wonderful site,and alot of good peple on here. Stay with me I know we can get through this!
I was on 10-325 Percs for pain management for the past 1 1/2. I'm done with these devil pills. Keep plugging away!
I hear ya! Devil is right. Thanks and you do the same.
Congrats on 7 days....so huge!