anyone have experience with L-tyrosine?
This is my third day of detoxing from a 7 to 15 pills a day vicodin addiction...lasting for at least three years. Day 3 is worse than days 1 and 2. I have L-tyrosine and B6. I THINK it is helping but maybe it is making it worse. I feel crazy. Does anyone love or hate L-tyrosine out there?
My experience with L-tyrosine is that it made me crazy jittery.  I could not take it later than noon otherwise it made sleep even HARDER to get.  I sure didn't need help in THAT department, it was hard enough to come by as it was.

I ended up stopping it altogether because I couldn't take how it made me feel.  I kept taking the vitamin B though.

Hope this helps,

bob
That's great that you have decided to stop!! I have not taken the L-tyrosine so I can't help you there but I just wanted to say congrats and good luck to you!
Hi. I wondered too about it after a pharmacist told me it could make sleepy.He was wrong.I was going through withdrawals from methadone,stopped the L-tyrosine for a week.Well,when I re started the stuff  I finally started to get some energy back,and I still take it every day.It will give you some energy after stopping opiates,BUT..not close to the opiates.Still clean.                               karl