Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
anyone have experience with L-tyrosine?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

anyone have experience with L-tyrosine?

This is my third day of detoxing from a 7 to 15 pills a day vicodin addiction...lasting for at least three years. Day 3 is worse than days 1 and 2. I have L-tyrosine and B6. I THINK it is helping but maybe it is making it worse. I feel crazy. Does anyone love or hate L-tyrosine out there?
My experience with L-tyrosine is that it made me crazy jittery.  I could not take it later than noon otherwise it made sleep even HARDER to get.  I sure didn't need help in THAT department, it was hard enough to come by as it was.

I ended up stopping it altogether because I couldn't take how it made me feel.  I kept taking the vitamin B though.

Hope this helps,

bob
That's great that you have decided to stop!! I have not taken the L-tyrosine so I can't help you there but I just wanted to say congrats and good luck to you!
Hi. I wondered too about it after a pharmacist told me it could make sleepy.He was wrong.I was going through withdrawals from methadone,stopped the L-tyrosine for a week.Well,when I re started the stuff  I finally started to get some energy back,and I still take it every day.It will give you some energy after stopping opiates,BUT..not close to the opiates.Still clean.                               karl