Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
"anyone hear has taken zanalex"

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

"anyone hear has taken zanalex"

I have been having some back pain for a while....the doctor wants me to try zanaflex....has anyone taken it before?
i have tried celebrex, and flexiril, and neither helped...
if anyone has please tell me how did it make you feel
thanks
r2r
Can't help you out on this one.....hope you find some relief!!
thanks, sorry for the spelling, i meant zanaflex.....
Ive been taking them for about 6 months. Theyre VERY weak.  I take 3 at night before bed sometimes.  If they work at all its very little.  And thats taking 3 at a time.
Thanks for the info....that is how the flexiril was, very weak....
i tried soma, but it made me feel drunk....lol
thanks again
r2r
I took them years ago and they did help me sleep, but not sure how much they will help with pain. I guess it might depend if its muscle spasm, nerve pain or arthritis pain. I think it would help if it was muscle related.   Hope ya feel better.   Hugs ,  Mary
thats what i use they work the best for me
thanks so much....i have 3 herniated disc, and have been using motrin, and other OTC things....they also gave me a persription for lyrica, i just don't want anything else that is addicting...
r2r
Really, because flexiril does nothing....i will give it a try
thanks so much
r2r
Do your research sweetheart...

I know you need something for your pain, but the last thing I want to see you on a drug that ends up screwing you up in the long run!

"Google" it and get as much info, and all the side effects, along w/ addictive behavior's the drug may have.

lots and lots of love to you!
XOXO
Todd
its the only one that i have ever taken that has worked I would take a half to start .I have never taken soma heard to many bad things about it .
Lyrica is the new "nuerontin"...my pain doc says he would rather me stay on the nuerontin uless it is not working and it is...I do believe it is stronger as people tell me they feel a little loopy after they take lyrica in the beginning....as for the zanaflex...I guess I have a low tolerence to those meds and dont take muscle relaxers often..hope it works for you
thanks, is lyrica addicting???   i have been reading on it, and it says no...But so does ultram and we know better then that
thanks so much for the info
Not supposed to be addictive...my friend who quit with me is on it...she sounds funny at times and she says it is the lyrica...she abuses everything she takes tho so I am not sure if she is taking the correct amount but I am going to bring it up...found this
7 - Patients who have had prior drug or alcohol problems may be more likely to misuse Lyrica
As with any prior significant medical problem, patients who have abused or been addicted to drugs or alcohol in the past should inform their doctor. Because of the increased possibility of misuse of Lyrica in these individuals, closer monitoring may be necessary or another treatment may be preferable.

My pain doc is a former addict...he did want to give me the lyrica and wants me to stay on the nuerontin as it is safer....he also hates tramadol,  and has always been stingy with any narcotics he has given me...he is very careful...he hates tramadol
did not mean to repeat myself there...was googling and typing  lol
thanks, i just read some stuff that said the same thing..lol dont' take if you were addicted to alcohol or drugs...HELLO, **** i was addicted to both...
what should i do?
i have tried everything, even had the epidurals, and i am not going back to pain meds..
r2r
neurontin works well for me....have been on it for years.....no buzz...do sleep really good when u first start taking it but your body adjusts to it...it is a safe drug and similar to lyrica in effect...
Glad you did some more research...

Now where are you...I am gritting my teeth here!

Love,
Todd
i am here.....yes doing alot of research...

gritting your teeth....does that mean it is getting worst not better????

i am here if you need!!!!
u are doing good my friend
hugs
r2r
Oh...I tried this cushion my friend has and just ordered one...it is a massage thingy and it is great...I have been slacking on my massages due to funds...this thing is great...Homedics...shiatsu cushion....looks like you can get them from about 55 bucks and up...I bid on one on ebay....chiropractic is my salvation....i went to doc until i was pilled to death/constipated and tired of it....my chiropractor helps me more than anyone ever has....And i am not gonna go into my yoga speech  LOL
NO I'M NOT ALRIGHT...'

I don't get this...is it normal to feel so much anxiety, and sweeting without being cold...I truly just want to hit a punching back, and am shaky..

Is this normal for day 4...I even took a Valium and .5m of Klonopin 1 hour ago, but that didn't seem to help a bit...

Is this normal for day 4???

Lots of love to ya sweetie....and keep doing your research, you need something for your pain!
Love,
Todd
OH...lol   InflamActin has been helping me...my doc had told me to take it but i bought it and did not fool with it...then i googled for herbs that act as steroids for my sinus problems....have been taking 2-3 caps daily and it is helping my sinuses and my back
sounds great...i ordered a certain heating pad that Ibkleen has, havn't got it yet...
Back pain really sucks.....
now i don't know if i want to try the lyrica, i will try the zanaflex, and read more on lyrica
and hopfully someone on here has taken it before an let me know something...
thanks again
r2r