Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
ativan withdrawal stomach pain

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

ativan withdrawal stomach pain

i quit a 2month ativan dependancy cold turkey 10 days ago and am now having moderate to severe pain right below my breastbone and to the right of it. the reason i quit that way was because as soon as it wore off my stomach would get upset which told me i was hyper sensitive to it plus it plays mind games with me. i thought the stomach upset would go away when i quit but it hasnt if fact it's worse because now my nerves are frayed.could it be the withdrawals that are making this happen?and will it go away with a little more time?
Although ativan has a withdrawal the way you are describing it sounds like something is going on with your stomach. This does not sound to me like withdrawal but almost the opposite like the ativan was masking the stomach pain and when you take away the ativan the stomach (GI system) acts up.

Please go to your doctor about your stomach pain. Especially since you describe it as getting worse!  You don't want to overlook some problem that might be easily fixed.
i did go to the dr. had full blood worrk/fecal test in trip.plus colonoscopy all clear they say there's nothing wrong with me.how long does w/d last approx. half to three quaters of a mil.everyday for two months
Avatar n tn
How are you doing today?  Did you contact your dr?
I am glad you had a workup for stomach problems. Actually today as I read your post it reminded me of a period I went through with stomach pain that sounds pretty much the same as that which you are experiencing.

I don't think this is withdrawal. But give it more time and in the meantime go on a super healthy take care of body/mind kick and see what happens. Exercise everyday no matter what, get outside for whatever sunshine you  can get, eat healthy stuff. You also could experiment by eliminating stuff from your diet (wheat products for one). Alcohol? etc.
The other possiblility if that the pain is referred pain from something going on in your back. Pulled muscle, spasm etc. That pain seems to go directly to under the breast bone where you describe yours.

My pain was never diagnosed and just eventually went away. Demon possession?

Keep letting us know how you are doing.
ZJ
Just to confuse things a bit more, I've done more reading and it really looks like, yes, this most certainly can be withdrawal. Others have experienced what you are experiencing. So don't give up. Keep posting and go day by day and take care of yourself and see how things develop.

be careful, i had the same thing and then i had a seveare seizure that lasted about 20 minutes.
u probbaly know by now, but after reading everthing posted here I would disagree with all the advice. I had a seizure, and severe stomach pains about 4 days after I stopped takingt lorazepam. my stomach pain was right under my right breast.