Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
bad RLS and anxiety from opiate w/d...how long will it last???

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

ive been off opiates for a week and im still having real bad RLS and recently started having anxiety attacks...all the other icky w/d symptoms have passed...  how long do i have to deal with this? and what can i do to relieve the problems w\ my legs???  my doctor prescribed xanax to me - i have been completely honest with my doctor and have gone thru w/d process on my own...any recommendations or an estimate on how long im going to have rls and anxiety attacks?? i was progressively taking opiates for 4yrs...up to 40mg oxycontin/day..
I think the anxiety after w/d is the worst.   Be careful with the Xanax for anxiety... after using it for two weeks or so can be very addicting and then you have to start a withdrawal process from that as well.

I was on Xanax about 6-months before stopping the Hydros.. came off the Hydros ... none for 30+ days... but I can't seem to do well w/the Xanax at this point.   The Anxiety is overwhelming at times.

But I will tell you ... the busier I am (and I still am at a point where I don't feel like being busy) the better off I am.

I have to talk myself into doing EVERYTHING.   So In work, and socially for the most part I just "pretend" I'm OK... and usually make it that way.  It's when I isolate that it really gets to me.

Take Care...it does get better.

Gip
i just came off 70mg of methodone, my legs were on fire and so restless i wanted to scream (and i did lol). so i called my doc about it and he gave me quinine sulfate and omg my legs were at least 50 to 75 percent less restless!! if ya got a doc..try it out!
I had restles
hey look at the AMINO ACIDS PROTOCAL-- I GOT THIS BOOK -- WAS READING TODAY THAT RLS IS BECAUSE OF A LACK OF SOMETHING IN THE SYSTEM--- CHECK IT OUT -- GO TO GNC--- I GOT SOME PILLS CALLED HYLANDS--- GOOGLE IT LOTS OF PEOPLE HERE SAY IT IS GREAT FOR RLS----- I NEVER TOOK ANY YET -- I WEANED OFF HYDROS WITH TRAMADOL--- FOR AS MANY TIMES AS I TRIED TO QWIT-------- AND WENT THRU ALLLLLLL THIS TORTURE --- THERE WAS THE ANSWER RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME--- IT WORKED FOR ME -- WE ARE ALL UNIQUELY DIFFERENT -- RLS IS A NITEMARE-- I HOPE YOU CAN GET A FIX FOR TONIGHT--- AFTER QWITTING HYDROS--- I HAVE ABOUT 200 10/325 PILLS AND HAVE NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO CRAVING AT ALL -- GOOD LUCK