bad RLS and anxiety from opiate w/d...how long will it last???
ive been off opiates for a week and im still having real bad RLS and recently started having anxiety attacks...all the other icky w/d symptoms have passed...  how long do i have to deal with this? and what can i do to relieve the problems w\ my legs???  my doctor prescribed xanax to me - i have been completely honest with my doctor and have gone thru w/d process on my own...any recommendations or an estimate on how long im going to have rls and anxiety attacks?? i was progressively taking opiates for 4yrs...up to 40mg oxycontin/day..
I think the anxiety after w/d is the worst.   Be careful with the Xanax for anxiety... after using it for two weeks or so can be very addicting and then you have to start a withdrawal process from that as well.

I was on Xanax about 6-months before stopping the Hydros.. came off the Hydros ... none for 30+ days... but I can't seem to do well w/the Xanax at this point.   The Anxiety is overwhelming at times.

But I will tell you ... the busier I am (and I still am at a point where I don't feel like being busy) the better off I am.

I have to talk myself into doing EVERYTHING.   So In work, and socially for the most part I just "pretend" I'm OK... and usually make it that way.  It's when I isolate that it really gets to me.

Take Care...it does get better.

Gip
i just came off 70mg of methodone, my legs were on fire and so restless i wanted to scream (and i did lol). so i called my doc about it and he gave me quinine sulfate and omg my legs were at least 50 to 75 percent less restless!! if ya got a doc..try it out!
I had restles
hey look at the AMINO ACIDS PROTOCAL-- I GOT THIS BOOK -- WAS READING TODAY THAT RLS IS BECAUSE OF A LACK OF SOMETHING IN THE SYSTEM--- CHECK IT OUT -- GO TO GNC--- I GOT SOME PILLS CALLED HYLANDS--- GOOGLE IT LOTS OF PEOPLE HERE SAY IT IS GREAT FOR RLS----- I NEVER TOOK ANY YET -- I WEANED OFF HYDROS WITH TRAMADOL--- FOR AS MANY TIMES AS I TRIED TO QWIT-------- AND WENT THRU ALLLLLLL THIS TORTURE --- THERE WAS THE ANSWER RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME--- IT WORKED FOR ME -- WE ARE ALL UNIQUELY DIFFERENT -- RLS IS A NITEMARE-- I HOPE YOU CAN GET A FIX FOR TONIGHT--- AFTER QWITTING HYDROS--- I HAVE ABOUT 200 10/325 PILLS AND HAVE NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO CRAVING AT ALL -- GOOD LUCK