Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
best way to use subutex?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

best way to use subutex?

my doc says to stay on for years but we all know thats how they make cash , im starting again on monday , i have been taking 9 - 12 percocet 10mg pills per day , i have been on and off sub for yrs now but i always go back to the painkillers cause i feel that when i take the sub it gets weeker after a while and dosent work plus i feel like i have the flu while on , so knowing im coming off 100mg of percocet per day what kind of subutex taper is good and whats the quickest i can do it in ? if i take more then 4mg i feel to messed up so 4 will be my starting point .

thanks
just know get on and off as quick as u can,...taper can be 1 week or 3 weeks depending on u...u know this drug it seems...good idea to write it out on paer..and pick ur QUIT day...and do not keep extras....what can u do different this time around?
I recommend you go to the Health Pages  (upper right side of this page) and look for a post titled "Members Experiences Coming off of Suboxone"   It may help you decide about using Sub. All the best.
I think he says he has used the sub severral times....have you tried aftercare?