Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
boils

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

boils

i am totally new to all this but suspect my son is substance abusing possibly inhalents.  is a sign of detoxing to break out in big boils all over your body? face, neck, stomach, back, buttocks and then be very resistant to going to the doctor. I am very worried.  he doesnt eat much but since breaking out in the boils has been eating like crazy. thanks for your help.
yes I would suspect something is up and if he is under 18 I would insist he go to the doctor
hmm ive never heard of boils being related to drug use. From my understanding it is a STAPH infection that causes boils. I would be concerned that he has them. Are you sure they are boils, and not hives or somthing else? If he does indeed have actual boils all over his body, he needs to go to a Dr. asap, he will need antibiotics for the staph infection! good luck to you!
I am no expert, but it sounds to me like he is doing meth.  When a person uses meth the drug comes out through the skin and causes sores.  I have had alot of training in this field.  I would suspect he is using meth.  Take him for a drug test and have them do a hair strand test.  This will show everything in his system.  How old is he?  Also a sign would be not much sleep, and being paranoid.  Good Luck, thats a nasty one to deal with.  Meth is extremley addictive only after just a few times!  Hope this gives you some help.

Princess 2000
Avatar n tn
thanks for your replies and help.  the trouble is actually getting him to agree to any testing.  Yes he has had mood swings and is prone to being paranoid or extremely depressed.  He is 16.