Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
boyfriend using heroin?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

boyfriend using heroin?

my boyfriend is addicted to painkillers. alcohol also. we have been struggling with his addictions for 6 years,
He started using heroin last summer but quit after my brother passed away from heroin overdose.
he still takes pills and drinks(which i hate) im debating leaving him for good. I have children and dont want them exposed to drugs at all. I found an envelope wrapped up with a dark yellow sticky substance in it. Im afraid it may be some form of heroin or something.I really need to know. If thats whats going on again,im leaving..does anyone know if thats what it could be.please help!!! i cant go through that again.
Tags: HEROIN
does it really matter if it was heroin in that envelope? I know you've been together a long time and love him, but the pills and alcohol is enough to want to keep away from your children and yourself, never mind whatever else was in that envelope. Have you ever tried alanon or therapy? These are great resources for someone in your position. I'm not saying leave him and I'm not saying stay, I'm just saying thinking about what you want for yourself and your children. I hope this doesn't sound harsh, I'm a recovering alcoholic and would never want anyone to go through what my husband and daughter went through. My husband is a recovering alcoholic as well, but he quit drinking long before I did and didn't drink as heavy and wasn't the mean drunk I was. I wish you the best.
That is not true at all! In rehab (alcohol for me) I met plenty of heroin addicts who got clean and are still clean over a year later. I've met people in AA/NA who've been off heroin for years and years who are healthy and happy and clean. No not all of them, but plenty. You can't just stereotype a group of addicts like that, there are addicts, like myself, who set goals that aren't their next fix. mine was getting sober, and i did it as have many others, and set many goals since then. ANY addict can go into recovery if they want to and get the proper help. I'm not saying that's the case for all addicts, but many of us are in recovery from all sorts of drugs including heroin, and are still alive. All addicts are different just like all people are different. how dare you make such a close minded ignorant statement on such a supportive website! Yes, it's a terrible drug to kick and very hard. Nicotine has been proven more addictive than heroin and people kick that too. You can't state radical opinions as facts. You are wrong. I'm not saying she should or shouldn't stay in her situation, but It's not up to me or you to decide. The reason to be here is to support one another. Not pass blind judgements!