buprenex/suboxone
please share with me your experiances with the new drug suboxone. ive been on it now for a month. iwas on injectable buprenex for two years and was very excited to have a alternative from the needles. im not sure if i like it or if im doing it corectly. i was on 4 ampules a day before and now im taking 1/2 of a 8mg suboxone three times a day, i tried just taking one tablet in the morning but i found i need something later on in the day so thats when i started doing three times a day. i would like to stop al together but i dont no how to do it and if its possible. i forgot what it was like to be drug free. i started on buprenex originally to ger of a 20 t0 25 a day loret habit for the second time. i was thre a in hopital detox for that already once and im thinking about it again to get off this stuff. sont get me wrong bup has been a god send but you cant do this for ever. PLEASE I NEED SOME FEEDBACK
what's up?  hope you are starting to feel better day by day.  i know i am.  i think u mentioned you were withdrawing from fentanyl.  fentanyl has a pretty hard withdrawl i've noticed.  especially if eaten.  it make take a while for you to get stabilized on the suboxone.  
in my opinion, u are probably better off taking one dose in the morning instead of splitting it.  that's what i noticed for me atleast.  
as for my dosages over the past 2 weeks, my first day taking it i took 4 mg/day, and then was stabilized on 12mg/day.  just beginning last friday i decided to go up to 16 mg.  i really don't think i'm going to need to go any higher than that.  
i'm not a doctor, but the sweating and freezing you are having sounds like your are still having some bit of withdrawl.  doesn't really sound like a side effect.  has that gotten better as the days go by?  as for side effects, the only bothersome one for me is constipation, which i am kind of used to from being on methadone.  i think it's a little worse than when on methadone.  i told this to my doctor and he said he will perscribe something for me.  i have been on a syrup called enulose for that while i was on methadone, and am taking docusate sodium 100mg/day right now that i had from before.  i think the enulose is to harsh.  what side effects are you having if any?
if you are interested in chatting a bit about this, scroll up above this post to an earlier one i posted with an email address.  from there we can possibly find an easier way to comunicate if your interested.  i don't really know anyone else on this.  i am only the 4th person in my city to be perscribed suboxone, and did a interview with the local newspaper about it a few days ago.  i just want to get the word out about this to any one who might need this.
take care.
There have been a few very successful stories regarding the use of Suboxone here-- Just need a litlle INFO from you, 1979, if you don't mind!

You didn't mention what TYPE of drugs you are abusing: I'll assume that whatever you are on is in the opiate class of narcotics. So, what type of Drugs are you on, and how much, and for how long. That information will really help the people on the board who have similar stories to yours-- Help them help you!

Good luck!
Jesse
wow!!! i can really speak with other bup. folks. hello everyone and this is my story. i became very addicted to opiates in viet nam in 1970-71 while serving in the army. i am 51 almost 52.in the 70s and 80s i did methadone. i always wanted more and bought it from other patients. i have had alot of overdoses and should not be alive. i have been on suboxone for about 50 days. i have no urges and do not get high. it is a Godsend for me and my family. i agree that it is a feeling not good or bad. i can feel it do something.it seems 10mgs.under tonge is the same as 12 for me. thank God my insurance and script plan covers it. it should have been approved long ago. if i here of anyone trying to black market i will be angry. opiate addicts are good people with a disease. i still go to na aa but need bup. i do not even worry about detox. anything is better than methadone. that was invented by one of hitlers doctors fyi. thanks jeff peace
Hello All! I'm new to the mix and I'm hoping to get some positive input on buprenex/suboxone(?). I've got a nasty habit and I'm tired of it controling my life! I've tried SEVERAL times to quit but when I get into my second or third day of cold turkey and the physical withdrawls (nausea,vomiting,stomach cramps etc.) start to go away, my brain is telling me to get out and find some drugs. I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. That's when the anexity sets in BIG TIME! I just sit and space out and get sadder and sadder about the fact that I don't have anything to give me a little buzz. I don't care if I even get a buzz I just want a little something flowing through my blood system and I'd be content! I'm sad and it effects all those around me. At one time in my life(5 or 6 yrs. ago) I didn't need the stuff like I do now. I was happy and full of spunk. I'm gonna cut this short for now and get to my point.....I understand that after so many years(23 to be exact) the endorphans(?) in the brain burn out and the **** and vinegar in a person is gone.  does the buprenex
stuff help me get through this loss of energy and the want to just lay down and die? What do I do to get started on such a program?  I don't have any medical insurance. I'm open for any suggestions. In the mean time, I'll continue to answer the demons and EAT THE MEDICINE when I can find it.
Heya Curtisman!

I'm currently putting together a site that deals specifically with Buprenorphine [Suboxone] use for Detox, Maintenance, and also Buprenex as a pain med for those who cannot (or CHOOSE not to) take Morphine or Oxycontin. If you wish to get on the mailing list, please send me an E-mail at: ***@****

For anyone else here that is interested in the new exclusively Buprenorphine board, you may e-mail me at: ***@****

I'm looking forward to getting a handful of people posting their experiences with this recently-approved med so we may help others who are trying to make a choice for maintenance, detoxing, or pain management.

Thanks Everyone!
Jesse

Thanks for the quick response! It's nice to know someone out there is REALLY LISTENING!  My drugs of choice are Tylenol 3-vicoden-vicoden ES-Percodan-oxycodone-oxycontin-ms contin and the likes of these.  I've been doing this for 23 years and I'm not in control(take it or leave it) like I use to be. Or maybe I was never in control. I don't know.
It was invented by one of the doctors working when Hitler was in power because the allies cut off the opium supply.  They needed something for pain for the troops.  There isn't anything "nazi like" or evil about it, as you seem to be implying.  It is a shame it was such a bad experience for you.  Many a life has been saved by it.  That goes for addicts and pain patients alike.  You seem to be a crusader for not diverting bup.  That is a frame of mind you should have had while on the methadone as well.
Hello Everybody! I am new to this forum. I have been reading thru a few of these questions/answers and I wish I had known about this years ago.

I am in recovery now, with the help of Subutex. I have been fighting my addict for about 10 years. I did have a six year sober time, but I fell down again on September 11, 2001. I woke up from a surgery and found the "State of our Nation." Not only was this hard to understand, but my husband was also informing that he had gotten word that he had been re-activated back into the Navy. My entire world just started spinning and my new friend Morphine was there to make everything all better.

Before I started taking Subutex for my addiction to Vicoden and Soma, I found myself in a lot of trouble. I had been arrested for the first time for forging a false prescription. I am 36 and have never been in trouble with the law. I now have charges in two states. (I live on the border of Idaho and Washington.) I am scared out of my mind. I have two little girls 5 and 3 years old. I do not want to have to leave them. Any advise?  

I am in my second week of taking 16mg of Subutex. And I'm doing pretty good. I still do not have the energy I had when taking the Vicoden and Soma, but I do not have any cravings. I was taking up to 75 - 10/325 Hydrocodone's and 20 - 350/mg Soma's a day. And no one new I was addicted again. Not even my husband.  My doctor and counselor have been great. They've known me since my first in-house treatment center in 1994. Of course I didn't get it the first time or the second or the third! I was finally ready to admit I had a problem and I really wanted to get help on my 4th visit in 1995. I had to divorce my husband of 13 years if I wanted to LIVE and stay clean. He is a doctor and loved to party, cheat and beat me.

Thank you everyone for your great insite and help. I never used AA or NA, it just didn't work for me. Too small of a town, most people are there court ordered.

Has anyone had a good report for taking Subutex? I think it is the same as Suboxone but it doesn't have one of the components.

Take Care and God Bless! Thanks again!

Jacquie - Cruella is the name I have given to my addict. I have two dalmation dogs that helped me through this nightmare the first time.
Good Morning--I too have been fighting the Hydrocodone beast for many years--Anyway I really don't have any experience with buprenex but I know many on this board that do! Please post higher up on the board even if your question or comment doesn't pertain to the topic--Some people don't scroll down this far and just think they are all old threads--I didn't want you to think no one would answer you--Good luck You are in my prayers Peace-Mystere/ AKA New Olreans Lady (office Computer)
Hey, I've been on Suboxone for three years now and my doctor just went to jail for defrauding medicare. I've weened myself down to half of an 8mg pill three or sometimes two times a day. I need to get off this medicine. I mean, it really has saved my life. I was on heroin for four years and the Suboxone took away every bit of my want and need for it, but enough is enough. I'm not gonna stay on this stuff for the rest of my life. Every time I asked my doctor about getting some anti-cramping-anti-convolsives, etc. to try to get me off of it he would always say that if I waited just another couple of years then a new medicine would be on the market to take me off. This is bullshit. I mean, it has truly been a miracle. I haven't had a single relapse in three years! But I mean, I can't stand getting mild dope sickness every day when I haven't had any dope for three goddamn years... Now I've read this whole forum and now I'd like to ask, with the utmost sense of urgency(I stopped taking it last night), does ANYONE KNOW OF ANY TYPES OF OVER-THE-COUNTER MEDICINES THAT WILL HELP EASE MY SUFFERING?!?!? I need suggestions, because right now I'm just taking tylenol and smoking herb, but I imagine that that will not be enough soon. Any ideas....please?
Hi... I have question about Temgesic 0.2 mg pils.
I'm on 40 mg of Methodone, But I like to get off of methodone .
How many Temgesic I need to not have WD simptoms?
Thank you,
I've been on methadone for 2 years and since I started it, it did the job of pain relief but now I can't stop and cutting down on my own doesn't get far since the pills are right there when I get bad enough withdrawls.  I was only on 30mgs per day and got down to 25 then I started cramping and major back pain so I took more to stop it.  The detox place here will only take people who take 30mgs daily or less and use buprenorphine for the first 4-5 days followed by suboxone for 3 weeks.  I know what the withdrawls feel like and being near the top of the border line because I also take 30mgs of hydrocodone per day I'm concerned about getting full blown withdrawls because they told me if I'm taking more than 30mgs per day of methadone the buprenorphine won't do its job and I'll be in excruciating withdrawls so I'm scared and worried about what to do because I want my life back.  The only other options are slow taper and with methadone that means being hungry, shaking, not eating, having nightmares, etc until your off it and this takes from what I've been told around 6-8 weeks to get off it drug free (no buprenorphine or suboxone).  I don't think I can take that kind of punishment given what I've been through with my chronic pain, which has gotten better the last 2 months and thats why I want my life back and know what its like to feel normal again.  So.  HAS ANYONE been in this kind of spot and can you give me your educated opinion please because the depression and alcohol abuse has gotten out of hand and I can't even work much less make myself a meal sometimes because I live alone so its very tough to get out of bed and live.  Is trading one demon for another worth it in this circumstance and getting off the suboxone from what I've heard here isn't nearly as hard as gettting off the methadone but I'm concerned about only a 3 week treatment with suboxone but mabey thats the case with only 25-30 mgs of methadone + hydro.  Anyone with experience please help me if you can....   Thank you much
You may not get many responses on this thread.. it was begun in 2003.. due to format changes with the site these threads are now open but don't really get read due to the date..

They are right about being on less than 30mgs.. The Sub will put you into withdrawl almost immediately if you are not on less than 30mgs..You also have to wait 48-72 hours at least between your last meth dose and your Sub dose..
3 weeks is really the perfect amount of time.. Its enough to get the meth out of your system but not so long that you get addicted to the Sub.. which happens to alot of people who try to do this on their own..
I have been taking Suboxone for about 3 weeks. For anyone out there considering Suboxone as treatment. It is worth it for sure. I feel great. As far as cost, I live in TN. My First day of induction cost 250.00 and then I had to pay about 50.00 for 3 days worth of medication. I went back the next day and it cost me 250.00. I got a weeks prescription and returned the following friday morning. They only charged me 50 for that visit and a script for another week. I do not have to return for around a month.  I did get accepted into a program the the maker of Suboxone offers and starting Monday of next week I get all my Suboxone for free. Thats 60- 8mg pills per month. They send them to the docs office and I go pick them up. NO CHARGE!!! FREE!!!! There are certain requirements that you have to meet, but their not too strict.  The doctor can only have 1 patient on this program at a time. I was lucky to the first patient treated on SUB by this doctor.  ALL in ALL I love SUBOXONE. It has saved my life. I dont even think about VICS anymore. Thats all I used to think about before getting this treatment.  GO to needymeds.com to get the application. You can search the site and find out everything about the program. Thanks
I have been on 4mg if suboxone for two weeks and am tapering down to 2mgs today. I will be on two mg for five days then nothing. What if any withdrawal will I experience coming of of the suboxone.l have to get off because I was taking benzos for anxiety for 15 years and could not stand the bezo withdrawal. Thank you.
Does anyone know if any Doc's allow one to be on suboxone and a low dose of klonopin. All I take is 1mg a day but have been taking them for over ten years.I have tried many times to get off the bezo's but after a week of off them I get severe panic attacks. It is not withdrawal but the panic attacts starting all over again. I was hooked on pers on and of for years and the Suboxone even at this low dose has been a godsend. I did not get caught using bezo s by my doctor. I went in when it was time to refill my suboxone and told him. The main problem seems to be that the outpatient treatment will not allow me to continue while on Klonopin. The doctor has explained the big worry when it comes to benzo s and suboxone is someone injecting benzo's. thank you
My girlfriend started taking suboxone on 9-9-07. I cant tell you how proud of her I am. Although I wonder if she had of been given Subutex the first day or so, if she would not have had to go through those first couple days of hell. Not to worry though, as most of that has passed and she really has come alive. She seems to do better in the evening with her best time of day being from about 6pm- 10pm.
I will tell you it was tough though I would say the first 2 days were the worst. She was very, very weak and the worst symptoms were probably the hot and cold flashes, the weakness and the gitters from the Suboxone. I had to get in the shower with her when she was finally able to attempt it and I washed her, her hair and all. she did have to sit on the floor most of the shower. Now, her strength, her spirit, her drive, her appetite...everything, all her scenses are coming alive. Each day gets better and better. I must say though I have read a lot and thought a lot about the whole dosing of the suboxone and I came up with my own way of trying it. The reason is her goal is to get off all meds totally; including the suboxone so she is weining off of it as well while getting off the meds she was taking prior to the suboxone. With that said, she was taking approx. 15 (average) Roxicodone 30mg a day, average at times with the Roxi, 4 oxycontin 80mg a day. So, needless to say, I am so proud of her.
If anyone has questions please ask. I am no expert but I am very in tune with my girls recovery and what she is going through. I would also ad that she is also taking xanax 0.25mg as needed during this phase. her plan is to be off it all by 9-21-07. So...wish us luck. You all will be in our thoughts as well. We have been reading (not posting) on this forum for a while now and have learned so much here. Thank you. We wish you all the best as well.
Chase & Christy
Im kinda confused, is she still taking Roxicodone and oxycontin while taking the suboxone?
that is great.... so sweet of you to do all that... keep her to her taper... people who stay on Sub longer than short term can get stuck on it... and that is no fun..

Good luck to you both
Starting tomorrow, scared to stop but scared to keep going on the way I am. I know it's going to be hard to wait until the best possible moment to take the sub, but don't want to convince myself that my withdrawal is worse than it is and hurt myself. Any support would be appreciated, I need my life back. I have lost so much and hopefully I can get some back, but I have to just worry about taking care of myself before I worry about my family / friends who were affected. Nobody knows but me, no support system. Need a few words of encouragement please tell me your stories neg or pos.

I feel like such a failure and I am so ashamed of myself.
I am in your boat, doc put me on 2mg of subx but haven't filled them yet, scared too...let me know how it is going..

drew
The original thread you posted on is 4 years old. Go to the main page and either start your own question or post on the thread that was started today. These old posts get overlooked most of the time since the date is so old.. There is alot of good info on the site from its members about the right way and the wrong way to take sub.
It's Chase here. Christy is still going good and I started on Friday. It Fxxxxxxx Sucks. I want to quit and I try and try and get a headache and fight and a hot shower and fight and gice up and fight what the?????????????Help!
I don't understand why you both felt so bad while on Sub??  YOu really should not be feeling any withdrawls while on it.. I took it for 10 days and worked full time the entire time I was on it.
I really dont know either. she did good, but It doesnt seem to be very effective for me. Perhaps I dont take enough. I am hanging in there. Good luck and thank you to all
Keep hanging on.  It will get better. YOu could try upping the dose a little if you really feel that its that you are not taking enough..  Be careful though.. Did you guys get some clonidine??
Nope. No Clonodine. Just most everything from the thomas recipe and its has been difficult taking it because of little fod intake for me. She, however is doing much better, eating ok, drinking ok, but when she started I was still using and able to care for her alot better. I also gave her b-12 shots which helped a lot. I am not taking the suboxone as of this am. I dont think its good for my b/p. So, I am taking very small doses of the meds, and wiening off. very litle to build energy, eat and take the vitamens. Seems to be working better for me. I plan to quit it altogether asap. who knows it may work. I feel like it is. I have a much better outlook and feel the prognosis will be better. let's hope so as she said she will leave me if i dont get it right.She says she fels i am doing much better this way so well have to wait and see. Thanks so much.
Chase
I got to the doc Monday at 2.  I've been on Norcos for 4 1/2 years now.  I finally have to stop.  Running out of money and just want to be 'normal' and myself again.  I'm scared cuz I am prescribed the Norco because I have server back problems.  But I will worry about that later I need to get off.  But now I am terrified because I have to go through withdrawal starting Sunday and I dont want to go through that hell again.  The doc says go through for 24 hours do you think I can go though like 18 horus and still be ok to start sub?
Also can I take some sleeping aids (ativan, valium) etc to take to help with the withdrawal?  ANyone know?
i would say you would be fine to take your last dose on sunday night, you wont be too sick...but you have to be somewhat into the withdrawals or he wont give you the meds...you should repost your question to start your own thread...you may not get many answers here, this thread is a little outdated...go to the bottom of the page,and click on go back to forum, then go to the top of the page and click on post a question...
ive been on suboxone for 2 weeks, coming off 15+ perc 10 a day. Ive had no w/d at all. i actually feel normal for the first time in many years. It is a little hard to sleep, but over the counter sleep aids help. When that doesnt work i take ambien. all in all suboxone is the ticket
im on my second month of subs...theyre great!!!!  i was taking 30-40 hydros a day at the end...havent wanted one since my first dose of subutex.....Im like you pogobth, it is very hard to sleep all night, but i dont want to take anything else, so im just dealing with it. Good luck to all!!!! You can get off the opiates, if i did...
i was on suboxone for over a year i finally got off of it and i relapsed two weeks later im now 5 days clean my advice to anyone who wants to get off of it , just do it its exspensive as hell and it just prolongs the inevitable your just replacing one thing with another i wouldnt recomend anyone to start suboxone treatment!
I've been on Suboxone for 6 days.  tonight i took 90 mg of morphine.  Am i screwed or should i just skip my Sub dose tonight and start again in the morning?  Please help, i want to get back on schedule but am afraid if i take the Sub i will have crazy withdrawals.  Please help.
Hi there,

Maybe you should post your own post this is so old.

Anyways not sure about the morphine, I'm on suboxone now for 12 weeks now on 1mg from 10mg I wouldn't take anything else but that is MY opinion.
Good luck
did the morphine actually work? i thought u would just pee it out without feeling anything?
Well, Ive been on Subutex since April 29th...not May 8th...looked at the wrong bottle yesterday...LOL. OOPS! Well anyways, a few days now, short of one month. I decided to not take them anymore and the only symptom I feel is RLS. Mostly at night, because Im just layin there probably. I hope they dont get worse! I was only on the 2mg tablets and during my first 10 days...I took 12mg the first day of detox...and went down everyday since. I jumped off at a half of a 2mg tab...so 1mg (i guess). Im thinkin maybe I should have finished the last 6 maybe?? I dont know. I just didnt want to become addicted to this drug too. I was on a 20 a day Norco habit 10mg/325 for over 2 years. This medicine has SAVED MY LIFE. It helped me change my daily habits, and let me see without my foggy glasses on. It gave me a 2nd chance at life, and while detox, I was up and about feeling great. I still have 6 of the 2mg tablets left..and sometimes I wonder if I should have stayed on to finish them cutting even more down from 1mg?? Like cut that 1mg into half? I still have them if I choose to do that if things get worse. I will keep ya all posted! But if your ready to quit, and serious about it..this medicine is a life saver...but could become addictive also, so be careful. Thats what Im tryin to avoid. I only have 6 left anyways...so if I have to cut the half into another half, then thats what I have to do...but im tryin not to. This RLS is crazy though...weird. I hate it. It feels like my legs are achy, muscles tight, tingley a little....errrr. But thats the only symptom....so who knows why this is...I just might post and ask...LOL....

Hope all is well!
hi, just thought id add my experience for what its worth. i was on 24mgs a day of suboxone for  around 8 months and while on it felt normal and functioned well. i decided to come off quickly due to my circumstances and dropping initially to about 8 was easy, then i started to struggle but ploughed on. the last 2mgs was the hardest but i was switched to subutex for that which comes in 0.4mg tabs.(suboxone contains nalaxone, subutex doesnt. the naloxone is partly to stop people injecting). my main advice would be take it slow, just see how you are day by day, it can be quite hard to come off but its definitly doable, i wish you lots of luck and i quess it took a while to become an addict so its gonna take a while to get off and most importantly stay off, good luck louise
I just waited it out till morning and took my regular Sub dose at noon and have felt fine.  Thank goodness!  That's the last time i F with anything other than my scripts from the Doc.
I was shooting black tar heroin for about 8 months and before that I was snorting a good ammount of oxycontin. I tried the whole methadone thing  but didnt work too well since the nearest clinic is an hour away. I dwindled on the thought of suboxone and finally made the appointment. The doc told me to not do anything for 24 hours before I took the first dose of sub (8mg). I took it then went to his office to make sure that I had no adverse effects. Well it made me feel worse so about an hour later he told me to take another. At this point I had cold sweats and was freezing in his office not to mention I started to throw up. I guess it sent me into precepitated withdrawl even though I diid wait the 24 hours, but I must admit that the last dose I did was double my usual (about .5 gram). After being in the doctor's office for hours I acted like I felt fine so I could get out of there and get some dope. I was going through the worst withdrawls in my life so the second I got the dope I made it in the car and muscled it. At that point I could not fathem trying to find a vein. Once home I decided that the next morning would be my last time doing it but I needed something to help me through it. Next thing I know my old oxy hook asked if I needed any xanax and it was a god send. I spent the next 2 days or so sleeping and now the stuff seems to be working. I did do a shot earlier in the day to kinda test and see if it was true that suboxone blocks all opoids. I barely felt it so I was happy to see that the stuff is working. Now that I am out of xanax I am having a hard time sleeping which seems to be the only negative effect,which is why I am writing at 4am on the fourth of July. I forgot to mention that I was perscribed 32mg/day I start out with only a quarter or half being afraid of what happened the first time I took it. So I guess its time to get my life back I am about to start my Senior year of college and dont need dope to mess my life up anymore! In my opinion xanax is the best way to go through withdrawls... just only for the first few days though since its addictive.
good for getting clean buddy... (btw - you posted this on a very old thread - alot of people may not see it. so if you want to interact in the future, i suggest starting a new post - that way everyone sees it.)

anyway, please - do everything you can to STAY clean.  you are young, and have your whole life ahead of you.  at some point, look at what it is you're trying to "forget" (why alot of us take drugs to being with) - what feelings you don't want to feel.

because honestly, they won't kill you - i promise. and eventually need to be recognized.

getting clean believe it or not is the easy part.  STAYING CLEAN is the real work.
so please get some aftercare if you aren't already... meetings, counseling - something.

congrats to you MSSCU, on making a decision to get off dope.  YAY for you.... feel good for what you have done...

warmly,
mj
Hi can someone please help me out here and tell me about suboxone, I am on 320 mg of Oxycontin a day, I severe dosage of Oxycodone and my dr has prescribed this to me for over 2 years and i need to come off, How many mg of suboxone would I need per day, I called and reaced out to many suboxone doctors and it seems all they care about is how much cash you have.
Suboxone is a wonderful crutch to help you get off of other opiates...but please keep in mind ....it is also a opiate and can be addicting ....if you try to stop taking it you will pay like hell with the worse possible wd you can imagine.......i wouldnt wish it on my worse enemy........
The goal is to help get off of what your on and then taper off of suboxone. follow your dr orders and you will be fine........but remember it i very very expensive and so can the dr visits too....i always feel the dr are in it for the money......they could care less you have a family a life and anything else......its all about the money and the drug.........they are your new dealers per say...
wish you all the best
You are supposed to dissolve sub under your tongue and hold it in your mouth for 10 minutes because thats how long it takes to absorb the medicine sublingually.  DO NOT SWALLOW IT, if you spit it out before 10 minutes you are wasting the full effect of the medicine.. Let me know if you need more info...
I just started taking suboxone today. I had an awful addiction to opiates, I was prescribed 60 lortab 10's a month. At first I followed directions, then I ended up to where I was a few days ago... My 60 script would be gone in 4 days, then I would use OC's, Morphine, Percocet, ANY OPIATE! I had tried quitting befor, but by the end of the second day the withdrawals would be so bad that I would go out and find something..... It started to make me realize what I am doing to my body and life.. I am 22 yrs old and I am a GS12 for the government making 80-100k a year as a senior server administrator... I thought to myself WHAT AM I DOING TO MY LIFE!!! then I learned about suboxone.

They had me quit taking opiates on saturday, and come in on monday at 7AM. You have to be withdrawing to get suboxone, not because it wont work - more like you have to talk yourself into really quitting - if you can go through 2 days withdrawing so that you can get better, than you know you want to quit!

Monday they had me in their office trembling, pupils dialated, yawning, sweating and getting chills... they then told me to go downstairs to pharmacy and get 1 suboxone tablet... (8mg/2mg: my buddy told me that was a weak dose but I figured if I could start off small and handle it than I would be better off in the end) They broke that tablet in half and had me put 1/2 under my tongue to dissolve... I had to stay there 3 hours so that they could monitor me and see if it was working, it did work! Chills went through my body for 30minutes then I felt normal, and happy.

Basically I took the first 1/2 around 9AM, I just now took the other half (4:40PM) I feel good - I feel like a little kid again, and have a lot of self esteem and confidence - I will quit.

Thinking about how i spend 500-600$ a month on pills, paying for this treatment doesn't cost ****! I go back into the doctor tomorrow at 7AM to get a weeks worth hopefully (I cant be paying co-pay's everyday!) I am really going to do this like the doc tells me to, when he says quit, I quit.

Think about your body, your money - think about how much you spend and how you would be able to buy something rewarding without addiction.

I wish everyone here luck - and will keep you posted on my progress

----------THE ONE WITH HOPE
I am going cold turkey tomorrow morning on my hydro. I met with a Dr. yesterday and she has me starting on suboxone tomorrow once I'm into the WD's. I have to admit I'm very scared of how I'm going to feel tomorrow. I've been taking anywhere from 13-17 pills - 10mg. daily for the past year. I'm frightened about the pain and the sickness that comes with WD's. I'm also scared of how I am going to function. It has been so long since I have functioned "normally" that I don't remember the days before eating 2-4 pills the minute my eyes open in the morning just to get going. I am however pleased with myself for taking the steps to getting better. I just know that I don't want to live like this anymore. I'm worn out on the anxiety that comes with this addiction.
I would really appreciate it if I could get some feedback on what the first 3-4 days is going to be like for me. What is the 1st day going to be like? Is the 3rd day worse than the 1st? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. I am limited to my support with family and friends because very few are the situation I'm in.
Thank you.
i have been on subutex for over a year an still cant get off it feels like i swapped one addiction for another would like to know how people have come off this and does anyone know about ibogaine
just thought my experience might help others:
I have been taking suboxone for about 4-5 years now. I Needed to get something working for me as I have a professional job and cannot be "seen" as addicted. Yes - I too thought "how on earth did i do this to myself" - but that is another story. I have found that suboxone had a very short half-life with me - possibly because I have a high metabolism - so when i came down to manageable levels - which i call about 14 mg every second day, I realised that I could not wait two days to dose again. as a result I took that 16 mg takeaway and divided it up into sections. then tapered down.
Until last week, and for  the last three years I have been taking 2mg, 4 x times a day. 2mg in the morning, 2mg at lunch time, 2mg after work and 2mg when I go to bed. This has been brilliant - hard to do when they want me to dose the entire amount when I go in - but I made it work. by using my takeaways to regulate my own dose - I took back control. when i told my Dr - he quietly said that he had also suggested this to others, and to keep tapering down this way - to do the best i could.  
just lately my pharmacist has told me that he will no longer be dispensing suboxone - this is a big blow as most of his clients are my clients ( that would be due to my professional job!) and so I cannot be "seen" to be dosing. Pharmacist was great and my Dr also - they arranged so that I could dose once a week and get the rest in takeaways. it took a long time for this - I had to prove that I was responsible - but given what I had to lose - the proving part was easy.  
But now the pharmacist is no longer dispensing and I am told I must go elsewhere. I cannot take the risk that the new pharmacist will "get" me or the fact that my job is on the line here - so over the past 5 days I have dropped my dose to 0.5 mg 4 x times a day. so far the withdrawal has been pretty mild. bad headaches - but I have just discovered that drinking water is a cure for that. leg cramps but elevate them on a pillow and the pain is bearable enough to sleep. Shakes - or feeling "cold" but rug up warm and get an electric blanket if you can - turn off and on while the temperate changes up and down in your body and its pretty manageable. toilet breaks - but not too bad. feeling a bit depressed but I know why.  other than that - Im good . okay i know its only 5 days in - but im hoping that i can "jump" from here in about a  weeks time.
I cannot leave work ( although I have holidays if really need them) and I am responsible for other staff - so i can't screw this up
any thoughts - i would appreciate the feedback.
child of the universe  
I started the suboxone program about 11 months ago (actually it will be 11 months on 10/18) At first I was taking 1 tablet twice a day and then they decided that everyone (in my specific clinic) should take both tablets only once a day so I started taking 2 tablets in the morning and then within a month of that they decided that 1 and a half tablets is a good dose. So as it is rite now, I am suppose to take 12 mgs in the am but, I really found that by 4pm I was having awful cravings so, I decided to split it up a little so, I take 4mgs in the am and 8mgs around 4pm because that is my worst time of day. And even though I never tell them this is how I do it, that dosing is what works for me and I am happy to say that I am VERY close to my year mark of being clean.
another comment.  Clinics response.   I've gotten this response at the 3 clinics that i've seen through the 8 years.  when asked about being completely off.  clinic doctors response was " If you were diabetic would you  stop taking insulin" ?  Be very careful about a clinic that seems like they want you as a life long client.  I'm paying $250 per month.  Way too much. Plus the drug was $600-$800 depending on dose.  Yes Insurance covers it today but they have not the whole time.  It's time to get off completely.  I dropped to 8mg a day today from 8.25mg all the way from 32mg per day.