can anti-diarrheal mes cause withdrawls on suboxens??
hi,i am just wondering because i am taking suboxen for opiate detox if the opiate in laperamide will cause withdrawls while taking the suboxens??
Not sure.  I would ask your doctor.  I know that Immodium  which is an opiate but cannot  cross the blood brain barrier and only works on the opiate receptors in the gut.  Good question?  I would like to know the answer to that.  I know that it will not help with WD and just constipate and bad for your liver if overused.  
If you have already started suboxone taking another opiate will not cause withdrawals. Suboxone will block the effect of almost all opiates. The only time you have to worry about precipitated withdrawals if you were currently on another opiate and didn't wait for the natural withdrawals to start before taking suboxone. So if you were currently on vicodin or oxy, didn't wait for the withdrawals to start since taking your last oxy or vicodin, and then took suboxone, that's when you would get precipitated withdrawals.
You should have no problem taking immodium while on suboxone. At least it will cause no withdrawals. I am surprised you would need immodium if taking sub.
no i dont need it but i was curious,i just started the suboxens 5days ago but the morning i went to the dr i had took some and after i did the suboxen i got really sick and didnt know if it was because of the immodium caused it or if my dr is right when he said he thinks i am under-medicated i dont want to take more than one pill a day...but anyways thank you!!
Interesting question.  Loperamide does not cross the blood brain barrier & I believe that sub primarily acts on the opiate receptors in the brain so theoretically, there is no cross-over.