can you die from Lortab withdrawals?
Hello everyone. I'm so glad I found this site because everyone seems so helpful and I really need some people who understand.  Ok so I have been taking Lortabs for about 3 years now. Doctor prescribed. I was taking 150 a month and now I am down to 120 a month. It doesn't seem like a big drop but its a start. I feel like the Lortabs are controlling my life. The pain is so unbearable but I feel like the addiction to the pills is worse. Mood swings and I feel like I'm in a fog. I take about 5 pills a day 10 mil. So my question is... What is the best way to stop? I have this really big fear of dying from withdrawals. The fear has caused me to put off trying to stop taking the pills. Any suggestions on weaning myself off? Any help is greatly appreciated!
There's really two parts to staying off of drugs for life. First is the detox. You can try tapering down, but to be honest, it rarely works for addicts. Your dose is low enough that cold turkey would be the best choice. The only people that could have any trouble from withdrawals are those with underlying health issues like heart conditions. Secondly, you need aftercare. Aftercare is the continuing medicine you take to keep clean. It's the most important part to any recovery.
What types of drugs do you take for after care?
And thank you...