can't really trust my own feelings....
Starting day 5.  I realized something this morning.  Before I quit taking vicodin, I was constantly filled with rage and anger towards my boyfriend & others....for no particular reason. I mean I would look for reasons to justify it, but if I was honest, it wasn't really a reason to be THAT pissed off & moody.  I was at the point of looking for a way out of the relationship.  Today while I was giving him a ride to work, I realized that those feelings were gone.  Nothing about him has changed. Today he didn't get on my nerves at all. Was it all chemical-induced anger this whole time? This addiction DOES negatively affect more than just the user.
you know when i told my boyfriend about me taking perks the first thing he asked do they make u mean and moody i hadn't thought about it but he was right i was mean and moody, and during my detox i was really mean to him i explained to him that its not him its me and i need to work through this and as the days have passed i realized how much i loved him and he isn't  bad it was me that was that bad ,so i know exactly how you are feeling
Hi full,yes you just realized somthing that not alot of people talk about.A friend of mine and I used to jokingly refer to this as our "annoyons".And could even tell when one another was using based only on how short or annoyed we were.
   Right now since you are very early on the mean feelings will of course be completely gone but some annoyance will return but just at a way more reasonable level.I am glad you like the new you better.  :)
I was also angry all the time and full of rage while on pills.  I was always frustrated with everybody around me to the point of bursting it seemed, all the time.  It usually revolved around getting the pills, how many pills I had, needed, how much money was going down the drain, where was the money going to come from, etc. etc.  So it was a vicious, angry cycle.  I do believe the anger has a lot to do with being on pills.  I'm much more patient, nor much but more lol, understanding and accepting now.  Our addictions do effect everybody around us, that's why a lot of our family members will attend meetings as well.  Good luck to you with everything :)