cant urinate
My son is detoxing cold turkey from tramodol. This is day 2. He is 25, and was taking 10 3 times a day for a few months. He is having a major problem trying to urinate. He keeps trying and pushes, with very little output. I would like to know how long will this last?
Tramadol really needs to be tapered as there is a risk for seizures also.  I would get ahold of the doctor about the urine thing.....he may have an infection or something....sara
Gosh...who knows?  That's a problem though.  I'd take him to ER/urgent care ASAP.

V.
Was he taking 10 at a time?  If he cannot urinate you must get his kidneys checked out that amount of tramadol can cause serious damage if he was taking that much.
i agree call his dr. or take him to the ER..     wendy
call his doctor or take him to the ER asap thats alot of tram and if he cant pee there is a problem.
and yes u are not supposed to CT off of tramadol
he wont go to the hospital. he said he pushed a lot out urine out this morning and hasn't been able to urinate since. he wants to try and sleep.. has this happened to anyone you know coming off tramadol? he said this has happened before, hes just never taken so much. i just dont know how to help. he is my son.
No I have never heard of that pertcular symptom....I have been here for three years ... That was my drug of choice I would be encouraging him to go to the doctor.
i will try
It's very important he urinates. If he goes more than 3 days without urinating, his kidneys are going to shut down and he's going to get pulmonary edema, which is basically when you aren't getting rid of any fluids they just build up in your body especially in the lungs. Each scenario is fatal unless you go to a hospital. Even if he only urinates a tiny bit, he's still at risk. Take him to the ER.
I guess if he won't go to the hospital look to see if he begins having some of the symptoms in kidney failure or pulmonary edema and call 911. It's very dangerous but there's not much you can do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renal_failure  -kidney failure info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_edema   -pulmonary edema info

Good luck :/
I wrote earlier, but i will share with you that i was taking 7 or so vics at a time for a couple of months and like your son when i quit i could not urinate much than not at all. My husband chose to call 911 because i was stubborn about going to the hospital but when i got there, I was in 100 percent acute kidney failure from this. I had to have dialysis and so forth and was sick for a very long time. Luckily they went back to normal. So do what ya gotta do!!! I care.
This is your son, dont mess with this, call 911!!!