Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
chills and excess sweating

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

chills and excess sweating

Has anyone had troubles with chills and excess sweating while decreasing dosages of hydrocodone?  Any ideas to minimize this??  I feel like I'm having chills but at the same time I'm sweating like a pig...  I'm not quite sure why the body does this but it's quite annoying if you're trying to lead a normal life while tapering. Thanks.
Hi Rocketship welcome to the forum How much are you tapering from a day and how much have you cut down too.. You are starting to go into wd as this is a common symptom and one of the first... your nose should start running soon.. Let us know more info and someone will come along that maybe able to help you with a better taper plan...I wish you well on your journey...lesa
Oh yes, and I am afraid there will be more. Restlessness, jitters, yellow pee and poop, sleeplessness, nose running, sneezing, excessive yawning, and thought I was going crazy, literally. How do I know this? I went thru it for 5 days, last week. If you read my posts you will see the responses that got me thru, the supplements to take, the hot baths, my water bill will be crazy. It has helped....
I am not trying to scare you, but that was my fear, I didnt know what was normal WD  or if I was going crazy. many folks here explined what was to come and it made it easier knowing that the symptoms were expected. Hope this helps. Stay close to here. Good people heere who really understand how you feel..
Kyle
BTW I went cold turkey after taking 90-110 MG Hydros a day for over a year...
I was at 3 x 10mg a day for pain control for a couple of months after having surgery but recently jumped up to 80mg a day for a few days because I re-injured myself.  I dropped from the 80mg to 40mg and that's when I started having problems with chilling & sweating.  I guess I didn't think being on 8 pills a day for a few days and then dropping down to 4 would have caused issues but I was wrong!  I obviously need to decrease the amount slower.  

What's the best method for tapering?  Decreasing a pill a week maybe??  I have capsules so I can't really split them.  
I also had this...then the runs right at the beginning of my taper aas well...just knowing it passes can help...i had to change deoderants..sleep in a cold house with a fan and lots of blankets as it hit me during the day but worse at nightt
you may want to try and taper a bit slower. you have the right idea, one pill a week seems to make it more comfortable. as comfortable as it can be I suppose.. lol, I did the whole taper thing from 150mgs a day down to 50mgs a day and then went cold turkey because I was irritated that I'd already been in mild withdrawal for so long. everyone is different, do what works for you and I'm sure that my withdrawal was less than the norm. from tapering as much as I did. Best of luck to you, stay on this forum! It helped me so much during my taper and withdrawal. take care :)
You might be tapering a little slower. Chills and a cold sweat are very normal. What hepled me through the process was taking lots of showers, it seemed to help alot. and I couldn't get comfortable at night when I slept (when I actually could sleep), use clothes that breathe and sheets that breathe. It's just your body's natural way of getting all that garbage out of it...it will pass and once it does, you will feel much better