clean with suboxone for one year and now relapsing with adderal
hi. i am new to this but i have to get some advice for what is going on with me. i successfully stayed clean for one year while on suboxone. now after a little over a year clean the doctor diagnosed me with add. ive been dealing with depression since i was a child. way before drugs ever entered the picture and still are. the suboxone did wonders at first but then after a while i just started feeling more and more down. so when i got the adderall i was perscribed 10mg. twice a day to start and said she would see me back in a month. well its almost time to go back but ive been abusing it. taking anywhere from 40-60mg daily. i know that i dont need that much i guess its just the addict in me. but it does help. im not as depressed. im more patient with my kids. i was thinking that maybe i need to take the xr tablets instead. i just hate that i have relapsed. i want some advice from someone who has maybe been through something like this. thanks in advance.
That is a tough one...so are you clean or are you on suboxone still?
ask the doctor about provigil. It boosts energy and concentration but less dangerous than adderall. It comes in 100mg and 200mg. At ur dose--u will need the 200mg. The military gives it to fighter pilots. It may help your problem. Remember--as addicts, we can swith DOC. Don't blow your progress. Give the provigil a try. Good luck!
Btw: congratulations on getting clean:)
thanks for the advice. i will ask the doctor about that. to answer a couple of questions that i heard : yes i am still on suboxone and no they are not the same doctors but they both know and they think its fine. but i havent mentioned the part that i have been abusing them so im going to make myself go to my family doctor(the one that writes the adderal and be honest with her) i have to because if i dont i know this situation will only get worse. im also really trying to change my life around spiritually and i feel so guilty now that i have had this time clean and not just stopped the using but rededicated my life to GOD and i guess thats HIS  way of not letting this continue on, by my heart telling me how wrong it is.
once again
thanks for the advice from everyone
thanks, but no im not off of suboxone, but i have noticed that i am not needing it as much now that i am taking the adderall which is one positive thing. im prescribed 24mg. but i havent been taking but maybe one a day here lately. now i dont know how that i would go if i wasnt taking the adderal. dont quote me on this but it seems adderal would help in detoxing of suboxone but, i guess the concern would be trading one drug for another AGAIN!
ive heard that it gets really hard for some reason when you get down to those last 2mg of suboxone for some reason. ive heard some people just cant quit once they get to 2mg. i dont know for you but that sounds pretty scary!