Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
clonidine with suboxone?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

clonidine with suboxone?

Hi everyone, it's been a long long time since I have posted but I have a few questions about clonidine? Can it be used with suboxone? Can it be used with xanax? Which is better to help ease w/d's from oxy's. I had a pretty good habbit then i got down to one 80 a day about 1 or two days a week, thats it, but the last two weeks its been more often. I've gone through w/d's before and I keep worrying about the anxiety and sleepless nights. I have two small kids and no one knows about this.
yes clonidine can be taken with Suboxone... however I would be careful using the xanax  on top of those two... All three depress the body systems.. slows down heart rate and breathing.. as far as which is better I would go with the clonidine... over the xanax...
Definitely go with the clonodine. For me, it really helped with w/d and sleep. It should work for you, I haven't heard to many complaints about it. Fladdict is right, use one or the other.....

Good Luck to you....

Lisa
clonidine was the ONLY thing that has EVER helped me with withdrawals,xanax will also help with the sleep issue and anxiety, but xanax is addictive so i would stay away from it, clonidine is the way to go with suboxone...
I too am on suboxone.  I take 1 8mg pill in the morning and 1 8mg pill at night.  I would check with your suboxone doctor before taking either of those medications you have mentioned.  Clonidine can really slow down your heart beat if the correct dose isn't taken and well we all know what xanax can do.  good luck.