Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
cocaine / sinus infection ?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

cocaine / sinus infection ?

need some advice too please .... haven't snorted cocaine in about 8 yrs ... but did for the first time since about  7 weeks ago ... next day came down with the worst cold virus / sinus infection for over a decade. ... OK so I put this down to bad luck / timing.
anyway hung out with the same group of friends again on Sunday and just had a small line. Guess what ... I have a really bad sinus infection / cold again ...left side of my nose is tweaked ... swollen and running clear mucus from my left nostril. this is the side I snorted in. I FEEL AWFUL ! Like I have another terrible cold virus ...
what the heck is going on ?
am I allergic to cocaine ? no one else has the same issue ..
is my immune system shot ?
any thoughts would be appreciated ..

thanks
Sounds like someone in your group has some kind of infection or worse and it is affecting you. It's better to think you allergic to it and stay away.  8 yrs is a long time of sucess to throw it away thinking you can do this again without getting hooked.
Good luck to you.
my god nick, why after 8 years of not using coke, why would you do it again, i did coke for 5 years heavily and when i blew my septum 6 months ago, every single time i used i has sinus and breathing difficulties the next day, im clean now 38 days, the longest since i started and i know without a doubt in my mind, if i was to do just one line, i would be back to where i left off instantly.  did you do damage to your nose when you used, septum, etc, how heavy did u use.   please please don't do it again, cocaine kills, and your nose never heals, never. if you are having these problems, its obvious an effect of the cocaine.  im not sure but it sounds like you have suffered some damage to your nose. the good news, when u don't use, you will not have these infections like after you use. take care.
I have never used coke but I have heard how dangerous it is. Please not go down that road. It sounds like a dark lonely road.
Becca911
I have the same problem right now I have had a sinus infection from one bump on the 4th of July haven't done coke since proably Vegas few years back.  I'm using all natural methods now as I'm sick of resorting to Antibiotics, literally every time I touch the stuff this happens to me sometimes it lasts for weeks.  Funny thing is I've sniffed other stuff like K for crazy music festivals etc never cause a single problem.  My theory is the crap it's cut with no one ever know where it comes from they always get it from someone who got it from somone else i'm sure it's part Aspirin and Laundry Detergent by the time a consumer gets it.  My rule now is nothing goes up the nose as a week or two is not worth it I could probabaly feel the same way if I took a vicodin and some red bulls.  I say gum it and pass on the snorting
Im going through the same thing now, and always do when ever i take a bump, the only thing that helps is an antibiotic called avelox, you need a prescription, or you could try any kind of over the counter sinus medication like tylenol sinus, or something like that.
I just wanted to thank you for putting this up. I'm having the same problem! I haven't done coke in almost 10 years and then I ended up doing a few lines on Thanksgiving and I got the worst sinus infection of my life. I thought it was because of the weather and it wasn't until I did a few lines a couple weeks later and ended up sick again that I made the connection. I figured it was because of the cut but I can't deal with this. It's not even worth taking the chance. I am so pissed at myself for being so stupid. :(
I did cocaine on the 3rd of September 2011 and my nose has not been the same since then, nearly three weeks on.
Ive been to the doctors and they have given me sterimar solution, nasobec spray and naseptin nasel cream for my sinuses.
The doctor looked up my nose with her light and said that my nose was red and raw but luckily there was no permanant damage as long as i dont use again which im not going to do.
The pain from my sinuses are really bad and my left side is permantly blocked and the headaches are sometimes unberable.
I hope this will stop any1 thinking of useing it even on recreational grounds as that was what i was useing it for and the last lot has sent me over the edge.
Im hopeing my sinuses are going to repair alot quicker than 8 weeks but thats the time scale ive been given so please if you havent gone as far as me just STOP cos the after effects just bring me to tears most days.
sera72
hi all. i did coke for about 15 yrs. not as a heavy user. a few times in a year. i was having a party one night. did a few lines off someone that was fine, then i got one line from someone else didnt have that feel good factor after it. i went to sleep and woke up with a pain going from my sinus to my right ear. now its 5 yrs on i have headaches, cold pains, like theres fluid trapped under my face that wont release. yeah i thought most days i was going nuts. been to doctors had c.t  and mri scans and a sinus flush. still have it. doctors say it some sort of virus maybe from a rolled note. nelimed sinus rinse aint bad. the meaning behind this is try and stop taking the it. its not worth it.
Think of it this way - it is your body asking you this:

"What the H$LL are you going. Don't you put that stuff in me again!!"

Funny how our bodies know how to kick our butt when we need it.

You know the drill - get rid of those "friends" and remember this the next time you think of doing it again.

Is it really worth the suffering after?  NO WAY!!

8 years is awesome. Now you can start on the next 8 years.